Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 17-03-2006, 05:04 PM   #61
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gecko this is in no way degrading your time just some food for thought.
Taking in mind first pass 13.66@104 (2.10 60ft)
MPH
Your first pass you do a 104mph then do a 117pmh next pass you would think alot of extra power is needed for a 13mph increase even after cooling down.
Now have a look at it (13.19 slip) from the 1000ft you take 1.990 sec from 1000ft to 1320ft(finish) the car next to you takes 1.992 (rembering his mph-112.98) therefor both cars have taken the same time to travel the same distance which is saying they should be running the same mph simple physics.
MY trapspeed correction chart came to the same conclusion, on the chart your 117 was corrected to 113.1 all other mph on both slips were correct.

ET
Then looking at the progression times 330, 660, 1000ft are the same (time between each point) very similar to times similar conditions (RA-1400ft) I have done with similar 60ft untill the 1000ft mark then things go haywire (in other words showing some sort of timing falt at the 1000ft mark onwards which was showing you were heading for a high 13.3 to low 13.4 according to your inproved 60ft (2.039).

Dont get me wrong I would be stoked and amazed to see that a unopened boss could achieve those figures.

The only way to confirm that slip and silence the critics would run it again atleast 3 passes.
If you back it up well we have a new title contender if not you know the timing boards were out.

Mate I hope you do its all good for us boss owners :sm_headba
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 05:59 PM   #62
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Unfortunately due to preparations that need to be done and other commitments in my life, that was the last run for the car in my ownership. That was always the plan and will remain. I am not going to go back there at my inconvenience for the sake of others, the next car I take up will be the GT.

True ET or not, I am happy with the night as I know the last run was a PB, just unsure of by how much.
Old 17-03-2006, 07:07 PM   #63
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoxr8

True ET or not, I am happy with the night as I know the last run was a PB, just unsure of by how much.
I am also deffinate you did a PB on that last run mate but as you said unsure of how much seems to look like you were heading for a low 13.4.
Also a 2.039 60ft is not to shabby with stock diff gears.

Go luck with the GT Gecko!
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 09:07 PM   #64
MYV8
Gota be happy with a Hump
Donating Member1

Definately a PB. 13.3??.
The attached timeslip is a race between two Auto BA XR8 utes. Both have diff gears, custom edit, CAI, full exhaust and underdrives. The track conditions were very similar.
Your incrementals fall just about right between the two, apart from what happens after the 1000'.
IMO it would be reasonable to expect that your ET should also be between the two, as most street cars don't make a lot of ground in the final 320'.

BluePower Racing Developments ............... Best in the Business
MYV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 09:26 PM   #65
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Here here Lowrider and myv8 as we are old timers at this drag strip stuff we can clearly see that it was on a 13.3 or 13.4 and as we also know is that the car has not ran a quick time until it has backed it up just in case there is a fault with the timing boards..

Luckily your selling it hey or you could prove all us veterans wrong.......
X ORSMXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 09:56 PM   #66
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Angry Time

I'll post my slip only because it outlines that even a professional track like WSID can get things wrong. I was on track for another 13.2 on this run, I was so ИИИИed off when I picked up my slip. All of the figures were correct except the E.T. and the lack of MPH. I forgot to mention, keep up the good work and get back out there!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Time.jpg (135.8 KB, 52 views)

Last edited by PhantomXR8; 17-03-2006 at 10:02 PM.
PhantomXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 10:30 PM   #67
xdclevo
The Fun Mobile

At the 1/8 mark, by your time, you were on corse for a 13.6, but your mph was on corse for a high 11 or low 12. With that mph at half track, you were destined for very low ET, and then the MPH at full track showed a low ET at the end, but you were still in the 13's. It is oviouse the speed is incorrect, but good ET never the less.
2V powahhhhh
xdclevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 10:47 PM   #68
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

I ran an 11.8 once at 48mph, the car I was racing went bout 112 from memory,I passed it at the 1000' and crossed the line way faster, some funny numbers do come up every now and again
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 11:10 PM   #69
GT-0438

Good Stuff
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2006, 12:37 AM   #70
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

A good Drag racer will negate the "maybe" times, and claim the common times.

Timeslips rule, but back them up or dont claim them. Andra rules say back it up or no record.

Its that simple.

However, the increments look good for ET, and confrats for the geck for getting the steering right on the night, good job.
Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post