Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 30-04-2017, 11:12 AM   #1
brucewarring

Default LS Focus Ghia Horn

I am being careful, my horn isnt working, I have checked the horn, fuse and relay and all good. It is probably in the horn button area and I dont know how to remove it or is the air bag going to go off...Help the old bloke please....Bruce
brucewarring is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2017, 06:18 PM   #2
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 
Default Re: LS Focus Ghia Horn

Here is the workshop manual extract from the Technical Resources section, on LS Focus horn diagnostics https://fordforums.com.au/wsmpub/lsf55/413-06.html

The last page states that the actual horn switch is integrated with the drivers airbag module.
DZFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2017, 07:39 PM   #3
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Och that sounds expensive if the fault is within the airbag unit. May be you can get a good secondhand one from the wreckers?
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2017, 08:43 AM   #4
brucewarring

Thanks for that info DZ I did read it and was unsure if I could get it off without letting the airbag off, the next query is if I got a second hand one from the wreckers can you just fit it or does Henry Ford have to set it up....Bruce
brucewarring is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post