Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-09-2016, 01:25 PM   #1
Blue Dog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Ford Service Interval

The recommended service interval in the Falcon logbook indicates normal servicing to be completed at 15000 kilometres or 12 months, whichever occurs first.

Does the 12 months timeframe commence from the date when the vehicle was built, or when it was sold?
Blue Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2016, 01:45 PM   #2
LTDHO
The one and only

Default Re: Ford Service Interval

Sold I would say
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-09-2016, 01:57 PM   #3
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My guess would be build date as they are saying oil should only be in the car 12 months max.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 21-09-2016, 03:25 PM   #4
olfella
Cranky old bastard

It would not matter if the oil was in the sump or a drum for twelve months it would still be classified as unused. So it is the date from the car being first used then from service to service there after. My experience is it is not written in stone as I have been over due to lack of Ks and the warranty continued.
olfella is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2016, 06:27 PM   #5
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Best to see what it says in the service book.

Mine says its not due until 15,000kms or 12 months in service, whichever comes first.

The warranty start time is when the car is first registered by Ford or the dealer, for company, dealer and demo cars, and from date of delivery for all other cars.

So I interpret the 12 month commencement of the service interval is when the warranty starts.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2016, 08:31 PM   #6
Itsme
Experienced Member

Service interval time starts when vehicle sold to you & clocking up the k's
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2016, 06:57 AM   #7
Blue Dog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Makes you wonder doesn't it?
The service interval is specified at 12 months / 15000 k's whichever occurs first.
I notice there are brand new 2015 plated Falcons advertised for sale on Carsales.
If these 2015 built cars were built last December, then they are already 9 months old.
It's not as though they are vehicles have never been started or driven.
Blue Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post