Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-03-2006, 07:07 PM   #1
AUCOON

Default Engine Flush & Swapping Oils

Whats every thoughts on flushing the engine with engine flush when doing a oil change, ive been told its good then i have been told its bad. And would it be ok to switch from a mineral oil Castrol GTX Gas 15w 40w to a semi synthetic Penrite HPR Gas 10 10w 50w. The car is a Au1 175,000 kms dual fuel.

Cheers Rob

AUCOON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 07:15 PM   #2
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUCOON
Whats every thoughts on flushing the engine with engine flush when doing a oil change, ive been told its good then i have been told its bad. And would it be ok to switch from a mineral oil Castrol GTX Gas 15w 40w to a semi synthetic Penrite HPR Gas 10 10w 50w. The car is a Au1 175,000 kms dual fuel.

Cheers Rob
I think that engine flushing is great, but that's my opinion. Changing to a semi synthetic wont require an engine flush and should be fine. I don't think the oil will be to thin for the car, but it is starting to get higher in the K's.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post