Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 28-02-2006, 09:31 PM   #1
NeishaXR8_347
SS Grunt

Default How Too?

Just a simple question, why dont these windsors have a very load induction noise, i have tickford snorkle, k&n filter plus modified air box. At work we get stock dunnydore 5l's and gen 3's and stock they have a much beta induction noise almost like a loud bark/ growl and these are grandma's who drive them so are untouched. how do we get windsors to sound like that?

NeishaXR8_347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2006, 09:42 PM   #2
XR8GRL
Powered by Tickford

Quote:
Originally Posted by neishaxr8
Just a simple question, why dont these windsors have a very load induction noise, i have tickford snorkle, k&n filter plus modified air box. At work we get stock dunnydore 5l's and gen 3's and stock they have a much beta induction noise almost like a loud bark/ growl and these are grandma's who drive them so are untouched. how do we get windsors to sound like that?
LOL mate, put a bigger maf on it, and a steel inlet tube and then you will get the loud induction :

SILHOUETTE AUII XR8
Leather, Premium sound, Momo S/wheel & gear knob, Sunroof, 20" Advanti Desires, Bulge, XR50 Front, Pacemaker extractors,
Ballistic cats, 2.5" cat back system, Rebel bar & skirts, XR scuff plates, Kings SL & SSL springs
XR8GRL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2006, 09:49 PM   #3
NeishaXR8_347
SS Grunt

Well you'd think with 190rwkw's it would be louder then it is especially with big valves and higher comp. i want a growl like when you have the induct hose off you know these things are what make people buy a v8 isn't it? well my boss has a 62 xl ford with worked 302 windsor but a carby and a damn does this thing suck the air in. where can i get these and how much laurzy.
Old 28-02-2006, 09:49 PM   #4
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Forget the induction noise - the windsor 5.0 exhaust sounds better than any 5.7 gen 3 or boss motor!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2006, 09:57 PM   #5
NeishaXR8_347
SS Grunt

Yeh i already have a nice sounding car but you know how it is when you get bored you start too think about things to do, hey JC i think i saw you parked in the carpark at FPV on sunday i was gonna go have a sticky beak at your wagon but didnt, got and new pics of your ba shifter or any updates
Old 28-02-2006, 10:39 PM   #6
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

SOund is oe thing ... power is another ... some people go for posing and like to have sound ... but lack power. It's not all to do with sound (part of it is though ... hee hee).
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2006, 10:41 PM   #7
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Yes that would've been me & my car. BA shifter is out (burnt through the cable). Standard AU shifter back in, plus LTD console. Just waiting on the ESS system to be completed usinfg the Momo with steering wheel buttons, and then we will have the SSS capability back, but in AU guise. Should be able to hook it up to the BA SSS electronics which are still in the car (just no way to activate them at the moment).

Oh, one way to increase induction noise on the windsor's is to remove the "squiggly" pipe and replace it with a 50 (or maybe 60) mm PVC blank/end cap used on plumbing pipes.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2006, 10:45 PM   #8
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Forget the induction noise - the windsor 5.0 exhaust sounds better than any 5.7 gen 3 or boss motor!
Exactly.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2006, 10:53 PM   #9
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

i agree. windsor exhaust note is unreal, a guy drove past me today, obviously stuck in 1st probably doing 4000rpms as he went by, and it sounded so nice!
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2006, 10:59 PM   #10
XR8GRL