Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 24-06-2016, 08:28 PM   #1
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Britain has voted to leave the EU

I suppose in a way we should have seen this coming. A lot of Brits have been getting steadily ****ed off with many of the issues pushed upon them by the EU.

I suspect chief among them has been the "they took our jobs" argument.

I wonder if this will open the way for closer economic ties with "the old country"? Our exports to the UK took a hammering when they first entered the ECC.
Hopefully Mal will be straight on the phone to negotiate an FTA.
This user likes this post:
Old 24-06-2016, 08:35 PM   #2
XR815

Default Re: Britain has voted to leave the EU

Great news. The Brits have seen the disgrace the EU is, the pollies that will happily destroy their way of life..import crime and destroy law and order. If Europe continue like this it will become third world. the poms voted against becoming a third world country today.
XR815 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 24-06-2016, 08:38 PM   #3
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 

Yeah, maybe they should build a wall too

Incredibly dumb decision IMHO.

Old 24-06-2016, 08:41 PM   #4
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Dutch are also talking about it.(Leaving.)
Old 24-06-2016, 08:52 PM   #5
Trump
bitch lasagne

The EU unraveled when the PIIGS economies started failing. Their unmanageable debt showed up the EU for the corrupt organisation it is. Who in their right mind goes about managing unpayable debt by taking on even more debt, which is what the bailouts of Greece have been.

The people of Blighty voting to leave the EU has shocked the Establishment, I would wager that if their pollies go through the motions of section 50 of the Lisbon Treaty, there will be warfare in Europe

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 24-06-2016, 09:02 PM   #6
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

I'm reading Scotland wants to have another referendum for independence and politicians in Northern Ireland are calling for unification with the Republic. RIP UK
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 24-06-2016, 09:13 PM   #7
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO View Post
I'm reading Scotland wants to have another referendum for independence and politicians in Northern Ireland are calling for unification with the Republic. RIP UK
Ireland has a better chance at reunification than Scotland does of ceding from the union.

Old 24-06-2016, 09:19 PM   #8
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Always thought Germany would leave. The EU needs Germany far more than Germany needs EU.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 24-06-2016, 09:20 PM   #9
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
I suppose in a way we should have seen this coming. A lot of Brits have been getting steadily ****ed off with many of the issues pushed upon them by the EU.

I suspect chief among them has been the "they took our jobs" argument.

I wonder if this will open the way for closer economic ties with "the old country"? Our exports to the UK took a hammering when they first entered the ECC.
Hopefully Mal will be straight on the phone to negotiate an FTA.
This statement reminded me of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWNho8g0lsU

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2016, 09:38 PM   #10
sprintman1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smart decision. Next will be Nexit, then Dexit, probably followed by Sweden, Austria, Italy and maybe even France.
sprintman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-06-2016, 09:38 PM   #11
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Great news...
mr smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-06-2016, 09:52 PM   #12
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud_Noises View Post
Ireland has a better chance at reunification than Scotland does of ceding from the union.
It probably makes more sense too, given on one hand you would be tearing up a land border and on the other hand you would be strengthening a land border. I'm not sure what is required from a legal standpoint for Ireland though.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2016, 10:03 PM   #13
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wonder how much exposure super funds have to this. Obviously it will depend on investment splits. I took down the unit price for mine today to see where it goes.
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2016, 11:21 PM   #14
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For the people to vote out with potentially a lot on the line , things must be pretty bad over there........ interesting times ahead .
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-06-2016, 11:55 PM   #15
DASTIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
I wonder how much exposure super funds have to this. Obviously it will depend on investment splits. I took down the unit price for mine today to see where it goes.
Share prices around the world have already fallen weeks ago as the yes vote looked to be leading. Then over the past week as it looked like the no vote was going to get up and the share prices started to rise and the gold price fell.

Result has taken the financial markets by surprise big time. USA shares were up last night prior to vote expecting no to win and gold falling. How wrong did they get that!! Prices will fall by a large amount tonight in the USA. As Aussies shares fell and gold jumped today as it did in other overseas markets.

Basic balanced super fund would have at least 60% exposure to the growth markets including overseas and local. Will be bumpy ride in the short time, what is going to occur over the long term find the crystal ball and tell me. The exit could take 2 years plus to occur as it is a long drawn out process. Good luck Britain, your economy's growth is going to fall and country will be in a state of uncertainty for some time. Could even fall into recession. Must be big problems to vote yes to that!!
DASTIG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-06-2016, 03:02 AM   #16
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All my super is in balanced option at the moment. If I were close to retirement I'd switch to 100% cash no doubt but I'm 29 now so so far from retirement.

I'm considering going in hard on investment options even though it might tank in the short term.
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2016, 07:11 AM   #17
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So Scotland is more than likely to go to a second referendum.To quote:they are being taken out of the EU against their will.They could well become independent this time around."Watch" this space.It ain't over by a long shot.Other EU countries are also looking at their place in the union.(better keep an "eye" on the £ & "stock' up.)
Old 25-06-2016, 08:47 AM   #18
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

A vote for democracy, lol @ Scotland because they voted to stay in the UK and then they tear up about getting kicked out of the EU against their will.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2016, 09:42 AM   #19
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Great result, life will resume and stabilise with time. Do watch Russian activity though the next few months for a spanner.

I'd prefer a Europe of nation states again, tied together in trade and 'standards' but with their respective cultures enhanced by separation, all without the bollshie oversight of the Brussels EU parliament.

Love that Nigel Farage chap - great humour with a serious message - in his time sitting in the EU parliament forever chastising it with his Jack flag flying on his desk. See YouTube.

Agree, the US economy is a mess - it needs to re-estabilish its manufacturing base and if that means tearing up odd pacts and treaties/re-negotiating them - then so be it. Many nations see them as 'weak'.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 25-06-2016, 09:43 AM   #20
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Protection of culture is a must
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 25-06-2016, 09:45 AM   #21
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
For the people to vote out with potentially a lot on the line , things must be pretty bad over there........ interesting times ahead .
A lot of sheep swallowing scary xenophobic lines dished out by knobs and Murdoch press.
2 users like this post:
Old 25-06-2016, 09:50 AM   #22
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews View Post
A lot of sheep swallowing scary xenophobic lines dished out by knobs and Murdoch press.
Arrogance, if you were a pollie, you'd be voted out.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 25-06-2016, 10:18 AM   #23
kazawaki
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good on them taking control of there borders and lifestyle after having it taken away with immigration out of control and they have been loosing there culture.
Old 25-06-2016, 10:31 AM   #24
GASWAGON
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gees I cant believe how much air time this brexit is getting on t.v.

Its been covered on ABC news 24 all night.

I wonder if this will bring around a GFC 2?
GASWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2016, 10:41 AM   #25
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borow...ans-are-dumber

:-)
2 users like this post:
Old 25-06-2016, 10:51 AM   #26
dmat2391
the average bloke

in my view the problem with the E U project is that it's pushing the economic integration without the social cohesion needed with it.
Look at us, we all speak the same language have basically the same culture, but every time there's a mining boom WA starts arguing about what have the east ever done for us. NSW just recently, good budget, lets start complaining about all the GST we're going to lose to Tasmania and South Australia. Now consider the same arguments in Europe, Germany bailing out Greece. They don't even vaguely have the same culture or language.
Then there is the freedom of movement that includes access to all the social welfare of a participating member nation. Of-course the lowest paid are going to move to the best welfare state. That is just common sense.
That is why the E U project will never work in the long term without real change to it's governance and scope
dmat2391 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 25-06-2016, 11:04 AM   #27
Trump
bitch lasagne

There is a reason it is getting a lot of airtime and coverage in the press. That reason is because the Establishment want to convince everyone that the world is ending because Britain is leaving. The EU propaganda arm is running over time trying to convince the world centralised control is best.

Watch the "Brexit" movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTMxfAkxfQ0

it explains how overreaching the EU and how much of a danger it is to national sovereignty.

Last edited by Trump; 25-06-2016 at 11:15 AM.
Old 25-06-2016, 12:50 PM   #28
elysian50

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodX View Post
Protection of culture is a must
Depends what culture we are talking about.Not all cultures are equal and there are some really twisted and backward cultures out there,take the head hunters for example or the cultures who practice human sacrifice,not to mention cultures who believe in killing anyone who disagrees with their religious beliefs.These cultures have no place in the 21st century or any other time for that matter.
elysian50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-06-2016, 02:08 PM   #29
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Well done Nigel.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-06-2016, 02:28 PM   #30
Moby Vic
Cynical Idealist

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
Always thought Germany would leave. The EU needs Germany far more than Germany needs EU.
But I think Germany wants EU.