Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-06-2016, 10:59 AM   #31
neptune blue
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: XBoss Xb Falcon Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
Very true.

Didn't you just say - Everyone is entitled to an opinion like it or hate it .

Seriously, what's it matter who likes it?
He does his thing, you do your thing, I do my thing.
So long as we like our own work, that's all that matters.

In any case, I don't think I saw anyone in this thread say they hated it, more so they think it's great but they wouldn't do it themselves. Fair comments.
Which is how I feel about it.
You yourself referred to it as a " butchered coupe " and I quote " i see it as butchered "

Don't try to back peddle
neptune blue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2016, 11:03 AM   #32
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by neptune blue View Post
You yourself referred to it as a " butchered coupe " and I quote " i see it as butchered "

Don't try to back peddle
You misunderstand, there's no backpedalling.

It is a butchered coupe in as much as it's not original anymore.

It's work of art, but an original coupe needed to be butchered to achieve it.

This to me is a shame, but whatever floats ya boat.
This user likes this post:
Old 21-06-2016, 11:18 AM   #33
neptune blue
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its a shame that he didn't restore a rusted shell into a street car ???? Yes its a travesty which may have affected the very fabric of the space / time continuum ...
Old 21-06-2016, 11:24 AM   #34
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Quote:
Its a shame that he didn't restore a rusted shell into a street car ???? Yes its a travesty which may have affected the very fabric of the space / time continuum ...
For someone who claims 'Everyone is entitled to an opinion', you have a funny way of showing it.

Carry on...
This user likes this post:
Old 21-06-2016, 01:54 PM   #35
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Love this car... An absolute bloody work of art and it did well by almost winning the riddler...Apparently it only lost out to a $3 million show car....

And if memory serves it was built as an ICV as after it retires from the show circuit the owner wants to drive it...

Hers: 2024 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Daily: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2016, 02:05 PM   #36
Brootal
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp View Post
I admire the work that has gone into it, bordering on flawless craftsmanship but when does a car stop being a car and becomes a work of art?

Does it run? Can you drive it? Has it ever been driven in it's current state? Would you dare take it for a few laps around the block? It'd take a month to clean if you did.
Yes, yes and yes.

Obviously Chris isn't going to drive it while he's doing the show circuit. It will be a trailer sailor (his own words) for the next 12 months or so and then he'll take it on a few cruises.

What you have to realise, is that this isn't Chris's only car. His daily driver is a '66 Mustang fastback. He's got a '57 Chevy convertible in the shed as well and there's his '32 coupe.

He built this car as a show car, so don't be surprised if you don't see it down the local shopping centre.

And all these people going on about 'ruining' a classic... seriously? It was a Falcon 500 that was basically used as a parts car. It's been saved.

How about all of the people that have taken Falcon or Fairmont coupes and turned them into GT clones? Should they all be chopped down for not restoring their cars back to their 250/1V/auto/BW diff specifications? :\

Restorers... they're a funny bunch.
Brootal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-06-2016, 02:34 PM   #37
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

So butchered, should have left it rot in a paddock, how dare he treat an car to a rebuild...the bloody hide of him.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2016, 02:36 PM   #38
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Yes it runs and drives
This is an ornament and it was never going to be a streetcar , so are all the cars it competes against

Funny...he went to the trouble of getting it fully engineered so he can register and drive it...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2016, 03:20 PM   #39
XByoot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think as a street car it will be a pretty good show car,it may be engineered but that's not really its intended purpose. Sounds like the owner will eventually cruise it to the odd show,I bet speed humps would sort that spoiler out in a heart beat.
XByoot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2016, 09:29 AM   #40
neptune blue
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
For someone who claims 'Everyone is entitled to an opinion', you have a funny way of showing it.

Carry on...
Options are different to insults . You obviously don't know the difference
Old 22-06-2016, 09:43 AM   #41
XByoot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Everyone is entitled to an opinion like it or hate it .
I guess Sox took option "B" and hates it...fair nuff. There's stuff that gets up my nose big time on some custom builds too. If it had bags on it and it was sitting on the ground I'd want to vomit...dumb engineering,dangerous and pointless...."butchered" but that's my taste and thoughts...free world,and like belly buttons we all have opinions and dislikes. I still like XBoss it's been done well,not my thing,complexity for the sake of it in some ways,but great show piece.
XByoot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2016, 10:01 AM   #42
Sox
RIP...

Quote:
Options are different to insults . You obviously don't know the difference
What's obvious is you know nothing about me.

If you take my opinion of that car as an insult, then that's your problem.

Only people can be insulted, not cars.

BTW, I'll assume you meant to say opinions, not options...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XByoot
I guess Sox took option "B" and hates it...fair nuff.
No it's not fair enough.
I don't hate the car at all, and never said so.
It's a work of art, but he had to butcher an original piece to do so.

That's not how I do things. But it doesn't matter, because the owner obviously likes it and it's how he does things.

No ones opinion is right here, but we all get to have them.
Quote:
There's stuff that gets up my nose big time on some custom builds too. If it had bags on it and it was sitting on the ground I'd want to vomit...dumb engineering,dangerous and pointless...."butchered" but that's my taste and thoughts...free world,and like belly buttons we all have opinions and dislikes. I still like XBoss it's been done well,not my thing,complexity for the sake of it in some ways,but great show piece.
Exactly.
Old 22-06-2016, 10:11 AM   #43
Falcman0o7
Banned

The yanks sure as hell know how to build a show car!
YES A DRIVEN FUNCTIONAL SHOW CAR not an investment stowed away or a another mockup thats treated like a HO.
And I cant see it as being butchered either. Putting a good coupe in a derby years ago was butchering, This is a alive and well masterpiece...

Last edited by Falcman0o7; 22-06-2016 at 10:18 AM.
Falcman0o7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post