Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-06-2016, 05:37 PM   #1
blk6t

Default Nerta Australia

Posted this in the "Paint section" but don't think there is much activity over there and keen to get an answer.

I am wondering if anyone here has used the car wash product from Nerta Australia...

http://www.nerta.net.au

It is the touch less car wash product that appears to work really well. Just unsure if it is good enough to run a chamois over the paint after washing. If it's as good as it claim, it would save a lot of time.
Old 15-06-2016, 04:20 PM   #2
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 
Default Re: Nerta Australia

You would probably have got more responses if you posted this in the "care care" sub forum, which includes topics such as car washing.
Anyway, back to your question.
I have not personally used Nerta Products, but I read up about the products they offer on their web site and watched their videos.
It appears that their car wash product is nothing more than what is typically refered to in the car detailing game as a "snow foam".
I have used plenty of snow foams, and have a quality foam gun like the ones they sell, which I use with my two pressure washers. However, snow foam is only used as a "pre-wash" to remove and loosen the majority of dirt, before the proper wash using the "two bucket method".
If you think that you can wash a car using only snow foam, and get it completely clean, without physically touching it with a wash mitt, then you are going to be deeply disappointed.
Their methods seen on their videos might be okay for washing a truck, but the "slick gleaming clean" look you would want on a car would not be possible, unless the car was just "dusty".
The other thing to bear in mind, is that most of the cleaning in those videos of theirs is not really being done by the "car wash" foam but more so because of the extremely high pressure commercial pressure washers they are using, which are upwards of 4000 psi.
I would never use a water pressure that high, as there is a real chance of causing paint damage.
The maximum pressure I would use a pressure washer on a car's paintwork would be 2000 psi. You only need that 4000 psi jet of water to hit a stone chip at the right angle, and it could start to lift away surrounding paint!
The other thing about their foam car wash is that it is not exactly "PH balanced" and from their specs has a very high alkaline concentration of 12.5 which is not good at all for any wax coatings you may have on your car.
If you want to try a good car wash foam, I'd recommend a product like Autobrite MagiFoam available from "car care products". Magifoam is safe on premium waxes and sealants, and provides great pre-wash cleaning ability.
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post