Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 21-05-2016, 07:07 PM   #1
megatron1512
Starter Motor

Default 2007 Ford Focus Stereo Wiring

Never posted in a forum before so here goes...

My dad and I are trying to fit a new stereo into my 2007 Ford Focus LT, however we're having a lot of trouble with matching up the wires to what they connect to, so we can connect these wires to the new stereo. I'm going to try and attach some photos, but they're a bit blurry so I'm not sure how much help they'll be.

I drew a rough diagram of the main plug, and where all the coloured wires are situated. One issue as well is that way too many wires seem to be yellow, so I'm trying to figure out what is yellow and what is actually white that's yellowing. Even accounting for that, I've scoured the Internet and can't find anything that's really helping me. Can anyone offer any help?

Any help appreciated, thanks radio wires 001.jpg

RADIO.jpg

RADIO2.jpg
megatron1512 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2016, 10:27 PM   #2
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 
Default Re: 2007 Ford Focus Stereo Wiring

Hi. Check out this site http://www.modifiedlife.com/2007-for...iring-diagram/ . Always test the power wires with a test light before you hook up any thing else to make sure that you dont connect the speaker output to wires that may become live. Test each pair of speaker wires with a "AA" size battery to confirm each speaker pair and use the guide to get the polarity right. Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote

Last edited by foxtrot3; 21-05-2016 at 10:32 PM.
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2016, 09:02 AM   #3
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

those do not seem to deal with the steering column mounted remote control switch wires do they jut refer to US models
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2016, 11:38 AM   #4
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marg99 View Post
those do not seem to deal with the steering column mounted remote control switch wires do they jut refer to US models
Hi. For retaining the steering wheel control you will need some sort of interface between the switches on the wheel/column and the radio like the adaptors from earpro. http://aerpro.com/chfo1c . Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post