Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-02-2006, 05:58 PM   #1
EL_futuraistic

Exclamation Recent Updates to Victorian Licences Test

With all the Freeway driving i have been doing lately I have found myself wondering if i missed a few questions when i completed my Licence some 6 years ago now, so i checked up with Vic Roads.

1.) To make your vehicle go faster, should you repeatedly press the Brake Pedal at least every 5 seconds. Or alternatively drive at 90km/h with the Brake Pedal Constantly Depressed

2.) Freeways are fitted with onramps to use up vacant land and vehicles should easily get upto 40km/h to SAFELY merge into 100km/h traffic without any issue or disruption of traffic flow

3.) Vehicles fitted with windows however all the driver needs to do is look at is the Radio and my Speedometer when making any lane changes, Braking, or Merging into traffic.

4.) Use of indicators "IF FITTED" are for creating instant gaps in traffic, and turn other vehicles invisible.

5.) Rear View Mirrors, and Side View Mirrors are for checking Hair Styling and Make up ONLY and should not be used for any other Purpose such as Actually being aware of whats happening outside/around your vehicle.

6.) All Vehicles should Keep in the Far Right Lane unless overtaking, and maintain 10km/h under the posted speed limit signs at all times

7.) 100km/h signs on the Freeway are a reminder of how quick Tammsin Lewis will run at the Commonwealth Games, and have Absolutely No relevance to what speed vehicles should be Travelling.

8.) No matter what speed you are currently doing you MUST drop your speed by 5km/h evertime you see a WIPE OFF 5 sign..... and keep it off. Should you encounter more than 1 then keep dropping it by another 5 each time.

Thanks, and Drive Safely Everyone

EL_futuraistic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 06:21 PM   #2
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good observation there EL!
Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 06:41 PM   #3
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

To many words, lol.
I think i know the jist of it tho and i know what ya mean

Mr Super Skid-Man
347_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 06:45 PM   #4
Stevo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

1.) To make your vehicle go faster, should you repeatedly press the Brake Pedal at least every 5 seconds. Or alternatively drive at 90km/h with the Brake Pedal Constantly Depressed

2.) Freeways are fitted with onramps to use up vacant land and vehicles should easily get upto 40km/h to SAFELY merge into 100km/h traffic without any issue or disruption of traffic flow

3.) Vehicles fitted with windows however all the driver needs to do is look at is the Radio and my Speedometer when making any lane changes, Braking, or Merging into traffic.

4.) Use of indicators "IF FITTED" are for creating instant gaps in traffic, and turn other vehicles invisible.

5.) Rear View Mirrors, and Side View Mirrors are for checking Hair Styling and Make up ONLY and should not be used for any other Purpose such as Actually being aware of whats happening outside/around your vehicle.

6.) All Vehicles should Keep in the Far Right Lane unless overtaking, and maintain 10km/h under the posted speed limit signs at all times

7.) 100km/h signs on the Freeway are a reminder of how quick Tammsin Lewis will run at the Commonwealth Games, and have Absolutely No relevance to what speed vehicles should be Travelling.

8.) No matter what speed you are currently doing you MUST drop your speed by 5km/h evertime you see a WIPE OFF 5 sign..... and keep it off. Should you encounter more than 1 then keep dropping it by another 5 each time.

9.) If passing a stopped car on the freeway, or a traffic incident take your eyes off the road, and immediately apply your brakes heavily.
Old 27-02-2006, 07:02 PM   #5
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute
Hmm Project XW VAN !!!!

9.) If passing a stopped car on the freeway, or a traffic incident take your eyes off the road, and immediately apply your brakes heavily.

10.) Turn lanes. Under NO circumstances enter them while braking. They are only there for judging where u need to turn.

Yella Terra Supercharged

Power Output?
ENOUGH TO BREAK EVERY THING MORE TIMES THAN I CARE TO COUNT