Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-03-2016, 07:21 PM   #91
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: Car Sales Feb. 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Yes, yes they did.
it seems it makes sense (as sad as that is).

The global business to Ford is more important than the stigma of being "called out on Ford Forums".

Employees sadly will be the ones most affected by this - although the generous closure package will compensate them to some degree.

Hopefully those that aren't retiring will find redeployment opportunities at Product engineering, or FCSD, or find jobs elsewhere.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2016, 07:32 PM   #92
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barraxr8 View Post
it seems it makes sense (as sad as that is).

The global business to Ford is more important than the stigma of being "called out on Ford Forums".

Employees sadly will be the ones most affected by this - although the generous closure package will compensate them to some degree.

Hopefully those that aren't retiring will find redeployment opportunities at Product engineering, or FCSD, or find jobs elsewhere.
But its not just about being called out, its about Ford having some of the best cars in each segment yet unable to sell them to the public.

Look, im not trying to rubbish Ford, im just pointing out that there is a visible statistical link showing a serious downturn in consumer confidence in the company post announcement, the only thing Ford are selling in any reasonable volume is Ranger and the growth this month coincides with the growth in Ranger sales.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2016, 07:37 PM   #93
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
But its not just about being called out, its about Ford having some of the best cars in each segment yet unable to sell them to the public.

Look, im not trying to rubbish Ford, im just pointing out that there is a visible statistical link showing a serious downturn in consumer confidence in the company post announcement, the only thing Ford are selling in any reasonable volume is Ranger and the growth this month coincides with the growth in Ranger sales.
I agree.

There are still many people who think "Ford is closing".

Is anyone surprised by the numbers of Focus and Fiesta sales in light of the DSG debacle ?

The market is tough, Ford haven't done themselves any good with issues like the above - together with years of poor customer service.

It's much better now ( customer service ) but the horse has bolted to a degree.

Hopefully new product and their new dealer processes help Ford move forward.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:42 PM   #94
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
I agree.

There are still many people who think "Ford is closing".

Is anyone surprised by the numbers of Focus and Fiesta sales in light of the DSG debacle ?

The market is tough, Ford haven't done themselves any good with issues like the above - together with years of poor customer service.

It's much better now ( customer service ) but the horse has bolted to a degree.

Hopefully new product and their new dealer processes help Ford move forward.
Ford is closing makes no sense, people arent stupid enough to believe Ford ceasing manufacturing has any impact on the dealer network, if it did, mitsubishi would have fallen off the radar when they left and they havent.

Toyota are going gangbusters, infact, the only one of the 3 which should be suffering from that notion is Holden because they are an Australian subsidiary of GM and are the only one likely to 'close' up.

Last edited by BENT_8; 06-03-2016 at 07:48 PM.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:43 PM   #95
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
.... the only thing Ford are selling in any reasonable volume is Ranger and the growth this month coincides with the growth in Ranger sales.
There'll be a lot of guys and girls pretty proud of their 'baby' at PD in Broadmeadows and Geelong !

I'm sure they'll have some other good products "in store" for Australia and the world.

Last edited by Fordman1; 06-03-2016 at 07:48 PM.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:46 PM   #96
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Ford is closing makes no sense, people arent stupid enough to believe Ford ceasing manufacturing has any impact on the dealer network, if it did, mitsubishi would have fallen off the radar when they left and they havent.
Believe me I hear it Regularly :

Don't ask me where these people get their news.

"I thought Ford closed".

Edit: less so now with Mustang in the news.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:01 PM   #97
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:

"I thought Ford closed".

Serious, id like to see a show of hands of anyone who has heard that, we should post a poll to see who has heard people say that.

I live in Holdens heartland and not once have i heard anyone talk about any of the 3 actually leaving.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:04 PM   #98
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Serious, id like to see a show of hands of anyone who has heard that, we should post a poll to see who has heard people say that.

I live in Holdens heartland and not once have i heard anyone talk about any of the 3 actually leaving.

Maybe your sample is people who are interested in cars ?

Mine was non car people from closure announcement to a year or so ago.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:12 PM   #99
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Maybe your sample is people who are interested in cars ?

Mine was non car people from closure announcement to a year or so ago.
Maybe, you live in Victoria where Ford build cars, i'd have thought if anywhere would understand Fords situation it would be Victorians.

You know its funny, if what you say is correct i am lost for words. In an era where the fall out of an eggy fart on a packed train would go viral, Ford cant get the message to mainstream Australia that they are here to stay...
Old 06-03-2016, 08:15 PM   #100
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Maybe, you live in Victoria where Ford build cars, i'd have thought if anywhere would understand Fords situation it would be Victorians.

You know its funny, if what you say is correct i am lost for words. In an era wher the fall out of a fart on a packed train would go viral, Ford cant get the message to mainstream Australia that they are here to stay...
Yeah that would be surprising.

I think things have changed a lot since Ford started their 2020 program late 2014 early 2015.

But car sales are still rubbish.

Ranger, Mustang, and Everest have probably turned that around recently - by that I mean the message "Ford are staying".
Old 06-03-2016, 08:17 PM   #101
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Toyota are going gangbusters, infact, the only one of the 3 which should be suffering from that notion is Holden because they are an Australian subsidiary of GM and are the only one likely to 'close' up.
Bit of an "untruth" there.(Toyota going "gangbusters") Camry 1455(Feb) Aurion 140 ish(Feb) nobody want's Aurion that's obvious.( in fact they where talking of "canning" it awhile ago) so if you get those figures (approx) on a month to month basis that is roughly (give or take a few hundred units.) 43,000 per annum.Hardly "gangbusters" it is their imported lineup( Hilux especially) which is lifting them to good numbers.If it was left to Camry & Aurion they would be in a similar way to the other two.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:21 PM   #102
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackney View Post
Bit of an "untruth" there.(Toyota going "gangbusters") Camry 1455(Feb) Aurion 140 ish(Feb) nobody want's Aurion that's obvious.( in fact they where talking of "canning" it awhile ago) so if you get those figures (approx) on a month to month basis that is roughly (give or take a few hundred units.) 43,000 per annum.Hardly "gangbusters" it is their imported lineup( Hilux especially) which is lifting them to good numbers.If it was left to Camry & Aurion they would be in a similar way to the other two.
Umm, Camry is still suffering from the 5000 unit hangover from December.

Infact Camry has sold more in the last 3 months than Falcon will all year.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:24 PM   #103
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:

But not enough to fill an assembly plant to capacity.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:35 PM   #104
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
But not enough to fill an assembly plant to capacity.
No car on offer in Australia today could do that on local numbers alone.
This user likes this post:
Old 06-03-2016, 08:36 PM   #105
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

But as I,said if you relied solely on Camry/Aurion, they are in fact in trouble with sales figures like that.( Very unsustainable no.s.) Camry "outselling" Falcon,isn't everybody doing that at the moment?(exception,Aurion.)
Old 06-03-2016, 08:44 PM   #106
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
No car on offer in Australia today could do that on local numbers alone.
Yes and with global bidding for each brands' export programs, guess what ?

Everyone can build cars in their Asian plants cheaper !

That's why 'you need' to be local volume sufficient for starters.

Local suppliers also have no chance when they are competing with suppliers who are supporting OEM volume in the millions in Asia, Europe, and the Americas (and making the same parts for global platforms).
Old 06-03-2016, 08:55 PM   #107
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thing is we really don't have enough info to know what factors played into shutdown decisions.

Thinking out aloud:
Camry is exported in far grater numbers then is sold locally however maybe Toyota cannot get away with the international price transfer deals it did (tax penalty imposed by ATO probably shows this)
All three nolonger will get the government grants of past so this alters the ROI numbers dramatically and Holden received double the others so its financial position is probably effected moreso when the grant well dried up after they p15sed off Hockey and Abbot.
Euro5/6 regs on an orphan engine like in Falcon don't help and the large car segment is continuously shrinking.
To switch and build vehicles in other classes won't work on domestic demand alone so exports are absolutely essential however other plants around the world already build these potential vehicles in greater numbers and at much lower unit costs for all three companies.

I get the feeling Ford or Holden could build a rebadged 5 series BMW or E class and us Australians still wouldn't buy them because they don't have the German badge.
Some constantly repeat local Ford management completely stuffed it up however if the numbers don't stack up for Holden and Toyota to build here why is it only Ford managers stuffed up? About the only real mistake I can see is not getting a diesel into Territory as originally planned and that was only one decision so one mistake. Sure they has to be others made but we don't know what their parents allowed or limited.

Maybe one day we will find out we actually got 10 years longer then originally planned.

Last edited by Dr Smith; 06-03-2016 at 09:02 PM.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-03-2016, 08:59 PM   #108
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yes and with global bidding for each brands' export programs, guess what ?

Everyone can build cars in their Asian plants cheaper !

That's why 'you need' to be local volume sufficient for starters.

Local suppliers also have no chance when they are competing with suppliers who are supporting OEM volume in the millions in Asia, Europe, and the Americas (and making the same parts for global platforms).
So true.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:22 PM   #109
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
So true.
I bet the Thai FTA killed the Australian Focus, and any chance of Ranger / Everest being built here ( to replace Falcon and Territory in the FoA plants).
Old 06-03-2016, 11:28 PM   #110
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I bet the Thai FTA killed the Australian Focus, and any chance of Ranger / Everest being built here ( to replace Falcon and Territory in the FoA plants).
Certainly another nail in that coffin.
Old 06-03-2016, 11:38 PM   #111
vbvbvb088
vbvbvb088

I have always thought VN/EA/Capri very lucky to be approved. VT/ AU extremely lucky. B series / Territory a miracle. FG/ VE triple miracle....applicable Mitsi / Toyota as well...given Nissan pulled up stumps early 90's.
vbvbvb088 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2016, 05:00 PM   #112
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
Everest ad, when its on is good. But, February Prado outsold Everest 3 to 1. Ford must be worried..
And you comparing a brand that has been around for 10+ years vs one that has been around for 3 months.. GIVE IT A REST!!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2016, 05:04 PM   #113
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

"I thought Ford closed".

Which is exactly why Ford should put the Mustang in V8 supercars.. They are also hearing, Ford is dropping Motorsports in this country, instead of "v8 reconfirms commitment & enters with Mustang"..
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2016, 05:32 PM   #114
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619 View Post
And you comparing a brand that has been around for 10+ years vs one that has been around for 3 months.. GIVE IT A REST!!
Ford painted a big fat target on their backs with Everest. Right from the very beginning they compared the Everest directly to Prado and disparaged the Prado and also priced it in the same realm.

Ford are overstocked, it hasn't been a success...... so far. What done is done with the debacle launch and there are bargains to be had as they try to clear stock. In the end I can see it being very successful once its reputation catches up to the recommended retail pricing.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-03-2016, 10:33 AM   #115
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by P6LTD351 View Post
Ford is going gangbusters around the world. Open your eyes. Forget about what bogans say about Ford. .
Shhhh....don't you know the crappy little Aussie market is all thats important for a global company to exist.

These threads are always funny listening to the usual 'experts' drone on and on cause they have a bee in their bonnet about something.