Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 14-09-2015, 09:10 AM   #1
thewonderer

Default Aircon and air recycle on by default

Hi,

Another problem with the MC wagon I have bought is that when you turn on the ignition, it defaults to aircon and air recycle on. It's an LX model, so has 2 buttons that can be quickly pressed, to turn off. Frustratingly, the come on again when you go for another drive.

Maybe a battery disconnection will fix this...?
thewonderer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2015, 10:13 PM   #2
Binny

Default Re: Aircon and air recycle on by default

AFAIK this is a standard "feature" My MC does it as well. Reminds me of other cars I've had with climate control where they have the A/C on all the time.
If you have the temperature dial past the roughly 9 o'clock position and turn the AC off it should stay off next time you start it. But when you turn it back to the coolest position it will turn back on again.
Old 14-09-2015, 10:16 PM   #3
thewonderer

Thanks Binny, I will try changing the settings to see if that toggles it off. That's crazy that it forces you to have it on when you don't want it on....
Old 15-09-2015, 08:38 AM   #4
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Hi,

The system will automatically revert back to fresh function after about 10 to 15 minutes even after you press the fresh button. This is normal software operation of the Mondeo and it cannot be changed. The reason is that in Europe there is a design rule (I guess EDR equivalent to our ADR) that states that is how the system works to stop people falling asleep on trips due to high levels of carbon dioxide in cabin from people breathing in the car that just keeps getting recirculated. Every modern vehicle made or sold in Europe has this including Merc's etc. Since the rule does not apply here there is no reason why they would change the design.

PS LW1 Focus does the same (euro build), LW2 which is made in Thailand does not have this feature!!

Last edited by GTLEGEND; 15-09-2015 at 08:39 AM. Reason: typo
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2015, 07:58 AM   #5
thewonderer

Thank you very much for your help. I can confirm that when the dial is rotated to approx 9 to 10 (clock equivalent), the air con turns off... I can see from the dial that the first portion is blue, then white, then red.

To me, it seems ford were trying to very clever with this option.

Now only one more issue to resolve, drivers door doesn't lock/unlock from the remote... I have another post for that one.

Thanks!