Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 26-08-2015, 06:28 PM   #1
Rs31markie

Default Spare key LS focus

Hi
I've just bought the wife a LS focus but it only came with one key, does it have to go to the 'stealer' to be programmed, if I get a key cut?

Thanks for any help info.
Rs31markie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2015, 08:11 PM   #2
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Spare key LS focus

I think they have a small chip in the key fob so need the stealer to program things
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2015, 05:38 PM   #3
LordFordNZ

There are a couple of things needed here. I did the same for a focus I had earlier, though fortunately, had a friend who works on Ford help me.

- The blank key will need to be cut to the right profile - can be done at most key cutters
- The remote locking is simple to get working - refer to handbook for that one
- The PATS chips (security chip) will need to added to the vehicle in order for it to actually start the car. This requires the special equipment at Ford, which takes about 20 minutes to do, though they will probably charge lots for. Do the first 2 steps first.
Old 28-08-2015, 06:03 PM   #4
Rs31markie

Thanks LordFord and marg. I'll get ready to sell one of my kidneys for the labour charge. 😉
Rs31markie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2015, 12:28 PM   #5
CountP

There are some locksmiths who have the equipment. I've been quoted $180 to cut and program.
CountP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post