Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 30-08-2011, 04:31 PM   #1
thepriest
Starter Motor

Default New MC Mondeo Titanium TDCI, Silver

Some piccies.

Windows are tinted Carbon Black. RaceChip Pro is installed. Colour is moonlight silver.

So far, so good!

A

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4366.JPG (64.0 KB, 223 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4367.JPG (81.1 KB, 207 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4368.JPG (84.5 KB, 197 views)
thepriest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2011, 04:59 PM   #2
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default Re: New MC Mondeo Titanium TDCI, Silver

Hey mate,

Looks great.

Whats it go like with the Racechip?
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2011, 05:10 PM   #3
thepriest
Starter Motor

Well, it's in its factory default setting for the Mondeo at the moment. There is a noticeable increase in torque and power.. no roughness in the engine sound - if anything it sounds a little smoother than before. Instantaneous diesel consumption appears to be a little less in normal driving conditions.

I tested it on some steep grades and stuff and you can feel it go up there a fair bit more eagerly. The extra oomph was noticable in overtaking situations on the freeway earlier today.

This isn't like it's suddenly turned into a 400kw supercharged monster.. it's still quite subdued. But I will have a go at playing with the settings a little to see what happens (that's the good thing about these units, you can adjust settings easily.)

A.
Old 30-08-2011, 07:13 PM   #4
Soulsearcher

Very nice - I'm assuming you had to order the Racechip pro from overseas (or is there a local distributor)?

Any reason why you're not running with the improved tune if it reduces fuel usage (even if slightly) & you can feel the increased torque / power?
Soulsearcher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2011, 07:44 PM   #5
thepriest
Starter Motor

I bought it directly from the German manufacturer at http://www.racechip.de/racechip-chip...pnc1qrpe5hcq85 based on recommendation elsewhere on this forum.

According to the manual and the promo vids on the website, it comes set up with the "optimal" set up for your particular car. The power curves on the website show up to 30 % increase in power and 20% in Torque, depending on revs. Additionally, the manual lets you adjust the power increase in 1.5% increments or decrements and this all depends on how far you can push it before a warning light comes on the dash and the car goes into "limp home" mode. I have not started playing with the settings yet, preferring to see how we go with the factory-tuned settings. If I get bored of this, I will have a play with it to see what happens, but I reckon it's going to be adequate for now.

A
Old 30-08-2011, 09:06 PM   #6
thepriest
Starter Motor

BTW, the delivery time from order was the fastest I've ever seen from an overseas supplier... <1 week on UPS.. sure P&P was 45Euros.. but i avoided paying the 19% German VAT.
Old 31-08-2011, 03:16 PM   #7
pbouzaid
Mondeo MC Titanium Wagon

This looks like a great product. I'm thinking I'll get one of these once my car eventually shows up.
pbouzaid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2011, 04:58 PM   #8
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Car looks good, the tinting is almost essential on a wagon for looks and keeping the interior cool.

Thanks for the info on the Racechip Pro. Looks like good quality and not too expensive. I ordered some motorbike gear from Germany a few months ago - it arrived in 5 days by DHL and was about 60% of the NZ price for the same item.
Old 31-08-2011, 09:44 PM   #9
pbouzaid
Mondeo MC Titanium Wagon

On the subject of engine mods for power, is there a product that lets you mod the tune of of a MC mondeo that can easily be removed when servicing the car? I'm thinking of a product that does not sit in the engine bay like the raceship/pro.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:29 PM   #10
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbouzaid
On the subject of engine mods for power, is there a product that lets you mod the tune of of a MC mondeo that can easily be removed when servicing the car? I'm thinking of a product that does not sit in the engine bay like the raceship/pro.
You just unplug the box and remove it when you take it in for service, then reinstall it afterwards.

I thought that all these boxes (Racechip, Superchip, etc.) did was increase the common rail pressure and injector duration. But the Racechip Pro seems a little more clever than this, and actually monitors the engine sensors to make sure that it doesn't damage the engine.

But I'm still not convinced and will do some more research before I order one.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:42 PM   #11
pbouzaid
Mondeo MC Titanium Wagon

I was comparing the power gain between the Bluefin and the Racechip. The Racechip smashes the Bluefin in terms of powergain and that isn't even the Pro version. The Racechip does seem to be a lot more clever than simply re-mapping the ECU with a new tune... so maybe that is the way to go. The only thing I don't like is fiddling about in the engine bay to remove it each time I need a service :(
Old 04-09-2011, 07:43 AM   #12
Mackspower

Congratulations! Sorry I'm late to the posts, been travelling. Great looking car.

'Love that you installed the RaceChipPro right away . . . some of us can just jump right in and start enjoying the extra-kick and then there's the rest of us (like me) who'd be bloody paranoid of stuffing the motor!

Thanks for sharing
Mackspower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2011, 03:32 PM   #13
gh172

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbouzaid
I was comparing the power gain between the Bluefin and the Racechip. The Racechip smashes the Bluefin in terms of powergain and that isn't even the Pro version. The Racechip does seem to be a lot more clever than simply re-mapping the ECU with a new tune... so maybe that is the way to go. The only thing I don't like is fiddling about in the engine bay to remove it each time I need a service :(
The torque figures are virtually the same comparing bluefin to Racechip"standard map". Bluefin is very easy to install and remove.
Costs a bucket load more though. Never heard of racechip before having read this thread, but sounds very impressive.
Old 22-03-2012, 11:13 PM   #14
manamp27

Hi there. Any updates on the rAcechip pro? I'm eager to see how this has performed. Has it led to any problems?
Thanks.
manamp27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2012, 12:32 AM   #15
mourati

Hey there - sorry for coming into this late as just recently joined . I too have exactly the same car as listed here - just something I noticed that was different. My roof rails are satin chrome finish - not the black ones. I thought the black ones where only on Zetec / LX models. Did you receive it this way or got them swapped? Also keen in increasing the oomph factor and am keen to jump in. Is it locked to the vehicle VIN?
mourati is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2012, 11:08 AM   #16
Dusty1
Giddy up!

These are flash looking cars.

I wonder who got the one I ordered, I hope they are enjoying it as much as I would have.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2012, 11:41 AM   #17
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mourati
My roof rails are satin chrome finish - not the black ones. I thought the black ones where only on Zetec / LX models. Did you receive it this way or got them swapped?
Sorry for the dumb question are those rails to carry things or there for show! just don't look like they can support weight

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2012, 12:46 AM   #18
mourati

i got a set of cross bar fitted that sit flush within the roof rails so they dont stand up higher and they come in the same colour and finish as the factory rails - they are rated at 75 kg. I also have a roof box mounted on top and it looks superb - better than an Audi look! I bought the Whisbar roof racks and Thule Atlantic 200 in gloss black roof box - colour combo is a rippa
mourati is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2012, 10:40 PM   #19
Mickmelb

Quote:
Originally Posted by manamp27
Hi there. Any updates on the rAcechip pro? I'm eager to see how this has performed. Has it led to any problems?
Thanks.
I've driven 1 with a racechip pro installed. Very easy to fit you just remove 2 covers plug it into the fuel rail and put it back together, 5 minutes so not that big a deal every 15k at service time. It definitely makes a difference the car still has the turbo lag of course but it doesn't bog down like mine. It wont turn it into a fast car but gives it more zip (I ride a bike that does 0 to 100kms in under 3 secs so maybe I expect a bit too much) so I would say its worth the money. Since it intercepts the signal at the fuel rail rather than reflashes the ECU its untraceable once removed so wont bother your warranty either. I have no idea on the perceived fuel saving though.
Mickmelb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2012, 01:22 PM   #20
4.0i OHC
Computer Torque Control

That is one sweet looking car. You can't go wrong with a Mondeo.
4.0i OHC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2012, 09:01 AM   #21
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi thepriest, the car looks fab mate! Quick question around the window tint. You say it is Carbon Black. Is that 3M tint or another manufacturer? I do like the look of it though; slick looking car...
Old 28-09-2014, 06:32 PM   #22
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I looked the picture and just realised the black roof rails. I saw a silver Titanium Wagon driving around Augustine Heights last Thursday, was that you? Now I have the same car mine has silver roof rails. Why are they black on yours?