Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 29-10-2013, 02:36 PM   #1
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Question Seperate thread / sticky for au IRS info or issues?

Hi guys,
Considering the minority of au's with irs and the lack of knowledge or even it's existence, would it be a good idea to have a thread or sticky just for this case entailing info, problems and solutions for au irs?

What do you think?

mif73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2013, 05:42 PM   #2
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Default Re: Seperate thread / sticky for au IRS info or issues?

Ok so i take it its not a good idea then.

The other issue i have is the rear end skipping sideways a little over small bumps or joins in the road etc.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:03 PM   #3
FAT245
Lacking Imagination

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Nath deserve's a Technical Contributor award for his willingness to share everything in his vast knowledge of tuning EEC-IV and -V Falcons, not to mention engines! 

I have the same,
My Steering joint told me to check my swaybar links as they looked worn!

My 11 Second AU Fairlane
364w | 225cc CNC | ---/---@0.050 | Morrison Motorsport ITB Manifold | MoTeC M150 (Engine Control) | PCS TCM-2800 (Trans Control) | 6800rpm Stall | 4R75W
FAT245 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2013, 08:36 PM   #4
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Check your upper control arm outer spherical joints, that's what was cactus on mine when it did that.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2013, 10:25 PM   #5
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Hi basher. All my outer sphericals are new and the inners seem to pass the crow bar test.

Will get a 4 wheel alignment soon and see if it helps could also be rear struts a tad worn.

Upper strut mounts have been modified to fix the usual problem there.

Cheers.
This user likes this post: