Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 22-09-2013, 06:37 PM   #1
ms747
Starter Motor

Default 2011 mondeo stereo

Hi all,
I know there are various threads on this already but looking for a definitive answer before I go ahead.
I have a 2011 mondeo with ford cd6000 ie no bluetooth audio just phone calls. If I buy and upgrade both the sony head unit and the bluetooth module I understand I'll have ad2p capability and as such bluetooth streaming. My question is will the head unit then control my iphone/iPod ie I can change tracks etc via the head unit and steering wheel controls without needing to touch the phone/ iPod.

Cheers

ms747 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2013, 08:21 PM   #2
tce
BA WAGON

Default Re: 2011 mondeo stereo

It should have Bluetooth as in NZ even the 2009 have Bluetooth.
Old 20-10-2013, 10:14 PM   #3
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tce View Post
It should have Bluetooth as in NZ even the 2009 have Bluetooth.
They have Bluetooth for calls as he said but not for media streaming. He want media streaming so no need for cables
Giant Cranium is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #4
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2011 mondeo stereo

If you want to know what systems the vehicle was delivered with then go here:

http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegS...CCFCD.fcvas509

and click the <vehicle> drop down menu.

Plug in the vehicle VIN then <enter> and you should get the vehicle specs as delivered from the factory.

Our Mondeo was built with neither bluetooth phone connection nor audio streaming so in Oz it depends on the way Ford ordered the car. I guess this is true for NZ too but FordNZ may have specified these options as a default build spec.

I don't know if the folowing is true, but I would not be surprised to discover it is. Even if you get the "enabled" hardware it may need that the body computer module will need reprogrammimg to get the abilities that you are seeking. I'd expect the "upgrade" would be a quite expensive process as an "after market" addition.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post