Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 25-04-2013, 07:02 PM   #121
Madaya
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Area 51

I must throw this into the pot. I'm disappointed that the emdrive appears to have wilted and died. Okay, okay, we all understand conservation of momentum, but since I was a lad, I often thought of the sail experiment, as portrayed in the Mythbusters. That is, you have a sail boat, a big fan/blower directed on the sail, would the boat move? Well, yes it did, with good explanations to describe why. The emdrive seemed to follow similar lines....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emdrive
What do ya reckon?
Madaya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-04-2013, 07:16 PM   #122
revcore
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Relativity Drive is an excellent choice for a propulsion system. Then there is also Element 115 (Ununpentium) which Bob Lazar claimed powered alien craft...
http://exopolitics.org/Exo-Comment-31.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTjx3cM8BNc
So we have two possible propulsion systems. I'm sure there would be more that haven't seen the light of day thus far.
Old 25-04-2013, 10:11 PM   #123
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So aliens exist, yet no credible evidence for thier existance exists, in our heavily populated planet, no general population has seen or recored their existance, only ever one, two or a handful of people ever see them, and the evidence they provide is some grainy out of focus picture or video....am I missing something here???
It's pretty amusing though, considering the XR8 next year will be reborn with the same spec engine as the FG GT, could you imagine being a HSV owner forking out all that money on a brand new GTS, then pulling up to the lights next to a FH XR8 and then sitting side by side all the way to 100 and beyond
Even more embarrasing would be the lower spec variants of the VF in HSV's stable getting whopped by a factory XR8.
ford man xf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2013, 10:14 PM   #124
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post

Forget Area 51, I want to know whether Aurora actually existed.
Referring to Aurora are you meaning the cinema shootings? I never got the conspiracy theories behind this, the only reason I thought was because of gun control, and there was something about the shooters studies on neuro science that the whole thing was setup, they found 2 gas masks and they saw someone getting dragged away into a car etc.
It's pretty amusing though, considering the XR8 next year will be reborn with the same spec engine as the FG GT, could you imagine being a HSV owner forking out all that money on a brand new GTS, then pulling up to the lights next to a FH XR8 and then sitting side by side all the way to 100 and beyond
Even more embarrasing would be the lower spec variants of the VF in HSV's stable getting whopped by a factory XR8.
ford man xf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2013, 10:19 PM   #125
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford man xf View Post
Referring to Aurora are you meaning the cinema shootings?
No.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurora_(aircraft)

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2013, 10:23 PM   #126
revcore
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
So aliens exist, yet no credible evidence for thier existance exists, in our heavily populated planet, no general population has seen or recored their existance, only ever one, two or a handful of people ever see them, and the evidence they provide is some grainy out of focus picture or video....am I missing something here???
Who said aliens exist? I'd like to believe they do but until I see one in real life I'm somewhat skeptical.
Old 25-04-2013, 10:28 PM   #127
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver 45 View Post
And he's right. Which would you tell your wife?
I work at Centrelink.

Because not even the people who work at Centrelink have any clue whats going on.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 25-04-2013, 10:29 PM   #128
revcore
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
I work at Centrelink.

Because not even the people who work at Centrelink have any clue whats going on.
Old 26-04-2013, 09:50 PM   #129
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Might I point you to Mr Eric Idle and the last verse of M Python's Galaxy song....

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth"
Old 29-04-2013, 01:51 PM   #130
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty View Post
Thats name I haven't heard for awhile - after you mentioned that I started doing a bit of digging very interesting project (if it exists)

I remember Australia was doing some research on SCRAM jest (?) too which would be good to find out if that leads to anything

Basically very fast aircraft capable of speeds in excess of Mach 5

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2013, 03:19 PM   #131
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Aurora was an interesting project, but for once the secret squirrel guys were telling the truth after they retired the venerable and amazing SR71 Blackbird reconnaissance plane...they don't need planes flying in risky airspace with modern satellite imaging.

Look at Google Earth on some of the ultra high resolution areas...there's some good ones in California where you can see people mowing the lawn and so-on quite clearly. Then realise that what you are seeing is the civilian stuff, the non-secret standard photos we are allowed to see...then imagine how detailed the military imaging systems are that we aren't allowed to see. Why take the risk of flying a plane over someones airspace to try and see what they're up to when you can put satellites over the area that would show you how often they pick their nose?
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-04-2013, 03:48 PM   #132
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I saw that escape from earth on the weekend with the kids, I think its best to say it was an animated alians acount of the independance day movie, I have to say those alian guys dont seem like a bad bunch even if one of them does sound alot like enceno man

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2013, 03:49 PM   #133
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
Look at Google Earth on some of the ultra high resolution areas...there's some good ones in California where you can see people mowing the lawn and so-on quite clearly. Then realise that what you are seeing is the civilian stuff, the non-secret standard photos we are allowed to see...then imagine how detailed the military imaging systems are that we aren't allowed to see. Why take the risk of flying a plane over someones airspace to try and see what they're up to when you can put satellites over the area that would show you how often they pick their nose?
Partly true. The wider shots in Google Maps are satellite, but as you zoom in they switch over to images that were captured by low flying aircraft. Similar to the way NearMap works.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2013, 06:00 PM   #134
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Interesting to say the least.

Anybody follow Steven Greer's disclosure project?

His latest documentary, Sirius, was released in the last couple days. Actually enjoyed watching it.

http://www.sirius.neverendinglight.com/

Even if you want to ignore the E.T type nature of the project, the information presented about how positions of power become abused for self interest of the large corporations and their profits and how technology, information and the media are completely controlled, is interesting in it's own right.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2013, 07:47 PM   #135
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
Aurora was an interesting project, but for once the secret squirrel guys were telling the truth after they retired the venerable and amazing SR71 Blackbird reconnaissance plane...they don't need planes flying in risky airspace with modern satellite imaging.
Yes/no

America still uses the U-2 as a reconnaissance aircraft...and UAV's...quicker to put into position then a Satellite.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2013, 11:18 AM   #136
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/15/us/area-51-documents

I just saw this online and had to dig up this thread to show it here. So the US Govt finally, officially acknowledges that there is an Area 51. Of course the claim is there is no alien research lab, no alien downed airport or time travel research going on.

Or is there...............?
NickyN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2013, 01:06 PM   #137
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFS1 View Post
Interesting to say the least.

Anybody follow Steven Greer's disclosure project?

His latest documentary, Sirius, was released in the last couple days. Actually enjoyed watching it.

http://www.sirius.neverendinglight.com/

Even if you want to ignore the E.T type nature of the project, the information presented about how positions of power become abused for self interest of the large corporations and their profits and how technology, information and the media are completely controlled, is interesting in it's own right.
i grabbed that a while ago but havent watched it yet.

the books i posted above are interesting if anyone can get hold of them, the Dreamland one is about glenn cambell who is an area 51 nut
talk was that all the real 'technology' was at wright patterson airforce base
the 117 was made at area 51 and they go into great depth about that project
the aurora is also mentioned
as well as the black triangles, which have been seen a bit
dead silent and massive

http://www.ufoevidence.org/topics/triangles.htm
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2013, 01:33 PM   #138
RepSpec
Formerly XG-Panelvanman

i was at the airport at Tullamarine waiting to fly overseas and saw this in the book shop
http://www.bookdepository.com/book/9...FUIopQodKmoAhQ

it was a very interesting read and has stories from people who used to work at the base as scientists and as security.

Alot of early nuclear testing was done at Groom lake and the surounds as well the secret planes etc.

towards the end of the book, the author was speaking to a scientist and he wouldnt answer questions about "people testing" or other biological testing that was done ie animals etc. but was horrified with what he saw and wishes he wasnt a part of it.
i enjoyed it, shows another insight to the area 51 story. Instead of being a book about "aliens" it was a book about the military development, nuclear testing and other "theories" about the roswell landing.
but the only ones who will ever know about it are at the base

BA MK2 Wagon, dedicated LPG, white.

modifications:
cargo barriers, tow bar
RepSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #139
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

hmmm