Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #31
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Default Re: :( Someone Keyed my car...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint View Post
man they did two passes, obviously they have a grudge with you.
Yeah, though I cant imagine anyone with a grudge with me in Bella Vista nor in my apartment block. I park in my space and this was a new space I began renting 2 weeks ago (to fit both cars).

In Bella, I guess there is a girl I used to date not far from there but thats a lot of effort to track down my car (she had wished something happen to my car at one point...). I never race the engine in residential areas either nor do I do burnouts or anything with the car. I drive pretty much on the speed limit all the time as I have no desire to feed the coffers. I really keep my head down while driving that car so as not to draw any unnecessary attention and only use the car on Weekends these days since the G6E came along.

I just cant understand who nor why they would do it?!
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2013, 01:06 PM   #32
Alan D Segal
Call me 'Al'

Location: On a flattened-out cardboard box out the back behind the wheelie bins.
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Good contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez View Post
I just cant understand who nor why they would do it?!
If you never find out who did it you'll never know. Focus on getting it fixed and move on is my advice. Can't change it now. If you find the person who did it make sure the cops know about it and encourage them to do something about it.
Alan D Segal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-06-2013, 01:10 PM   #33
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan D Segal View Post
If you never find out who did it you'll never know. Focus on getting it fixed and move on is my advice. Can't change it now. If you find the person who did it make sure the cops know about it and encourage them to do something about it.
Agreed. my reply was more to point out that I havent done anything explicitly wrong as others mentioned that I might have.
Old 28-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #34
Alan D Segal
Call me 'Al'

Location: On a flattened-out cardboard box out the back behind the wheelie bins.
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Good contributor. 

As I said in another post, it could've been over something really petty so don't stress too much. There's a lot of idiots out there who get away with bad stuff all the time.
Alan D Segal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2013, 04:40 PM   #35
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Feel for ya man.
Have had it happen twice to me. Once while parked in work car park (multiple companies sharing same area) the bastards run a key from rear taillight of EB 5L to the head light.
Second time to BA XR8 ute, drivers door and bonnet, and that was out front of my home which felt very targetted. Was horrible feeling finding both cars like that.

Just recently, someone pinched my set of chrome valve covers off each rim. Really ****** me off people feel they can just help themselves and touch or deface my stuff - I certainly have no want to touch other peoples property.

I hope your footage does identify the ***** - that would be sweet
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2013, 08:06 PM   #36
Spurious

Looks like someone has a bug up their butt regarding being a "have not". I hope you find them on video.
Have you had any problems with your neighbors. Might be the place to start looking for a culprit.
If it's an off street carpark then i'd say it's either a resident or a friend of.

I would suggest you move & find a place with a garage. Otherwise buy a thick car cover thats not easy to lift up when secured. The idea being that if it takes some effort to access the body they probably won't bother you again & put a sign up making people aware of the CCTV.
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2013, 08:19 PM   #37
Spurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
Feel for ya man.
Have had it happen twice to me. Once while parked in work car park (multiple companies sharing same area) the bastards run a key from rear taillight of EB 5L to the head light.
Second time to BA XR8 ute, drivers door and bonnet, and that was out front of my home which felt very targetted. Was horrible feeling finding both cars like that.

Just recently, someone pinched my set of chrome valve covers off each rim. Really ****** me off people feel they can just help themselves and touch or deface my stuff - I certainly have no want to touch other peoples property.

I hope your footage does identify the ***** - that would be sweet
The theft of valve covers was probably kids. My 12yr old son came home recently with subaru valve cover that one of his friends gave him. I only discovered this when he was eyeing off MY bike to fit them to. Mmm...

I made it very clear that was a bad move. Only a couple weeks ago he told me his school chums got some after the kids next door took them off a car out front of their house.

I simply explained to him he was in possession of stole goods! Then I asked him how he or I would feel if someone took bits off my car. Reality kicked in pretty quick.
5 users like this post:
Old 28-06-2013, 08:19 PM   #38
jmack
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

low lifes should have a finger chopped off then every time they go to pick their nose it will remind them
jmack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2013, 11:23 AM   #39
William
XF Owner

Kill !
Old 29-06-2013, 08:52 PM   #40
stazza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Same thing happened to me with my previous car.

Had a 2008 Nitro FG XR8.

I was a bartender at a local hotspot, and the 2nd night after I bought it I had my car parked out the back with all the other staff cars.

Woke up on the next morning, went outside all excited to wash my new beast and the bonnet has massive deep zigzag marks across it.

I almost cried.

So I asked around when I was at work, asked all the local young patrons, and about 2 weeks later when I had given up hope of knowing who did it, and had all my pennies saved to get it fixed, a young dude came in and said he was up in Perth at TAFE and he overheard some other young electrician apprentices talking. One was bragging about "scratching one of those new ****** Fords".

So he asked them if it was in Mandurah, and he stupidly said yes.

He told me all this, his name and what company he worked for. So I rang them and told them about it and that I'm coming down to burn his car and **** him up, but he wasn't in.

The next day I got a call from some young bloke crying apologizing, it was him, and he admitted it all.

I said "dude what the hell would you do that for? do you realise how pathetic that is? you were bragging about it. that car cost me $50 grand, I had owned it for TWO days."

He said he and his mates saw it in the car park and 'cause it was a Ford he ran up and slid along the bonnet, and his jeans studs dug in and scratched it up. Then they keyed the crap out of it.

I gave him a quote with twice the amount it would have originally cost. He had a friend drop it off to me, still to this day I don't know what he looks like.

And that ladies and gentlemen, fueled my hate for the bogan Holden driver that drives 90% of Holdens.
2011 SILHOUETTE FPV GS 315 #0275
20x10", 20x8.5" Lenso D1R's
Pedders XA Coilovers
Brembo 4/1
Pacemaker 1" 7/8 Headers
Twin 3" Stainless Manta Catback
XFT Built Motor
XFT Custom Surge Tank
XFT Stage 3 ZF
Final Drive Chromoly Tailshaft
KPM Twin Air Filter
KPM Stage 2 Intercooler
KPM Twin Throttle Body
2.6L Kenne Bell on E85
BlueStreak Circle D Converter
900+ rwhp thanks to Xtreme Ford Tuning
stazza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2013, 11:56 PM   #41
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez View Post
WOW!! $3500!! Glad your car didnt get keyed though spat at and peed on is pretty low. I didnt realise it was as common as its appearing.

The top one is pretty deep and the bottom one is in swirls. Kinda what happens if you're bending and not moving quick enough to draw a straight line.
Maybe it was 2 people then and they did it in one pass. You know how people with that kind of mentality do gutsier (lots of times stupid) things because they're with someone else? It's the herd mentality. Add alcohol and they become even stupider (Yes, there's no such word. I made it up.)
imo.
NickyN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2013, 12:05 AM   #42
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlivverFord View Post
The theft of valve covers was probably kids. My 12yr old son came home recently with subaru valve cover that one of his friends gave him. I only discovered this when he was eyeing off MY bike to fit them to. Mmm...

I made it very clear that was a bad move. Only a couple weeks ago he told me his school chums got some after the kids next door took them off a car out front of their house.

I simply explained to him he was in possession of stole goods! Then I asked him how he or I would feel if someone took bits off my car. Reality kicked in pretty quick.
Better that reality kick in now than your son doing something illegal and getting caught later! I meet ppl who fall back on the "kids are kids" excuse. But they forget that there's right from wrong and someone needs to teach them that. And to respect other people's property.
4 users like this post:
Old 01-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #43
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlivverFord View Post
Looks like someone has a bug up their butt regarding being a "have not". I hope you find them on video.
Have you had any problems with your neighbors. Might be the place to start looking for a culprit.
If it's an off street carpark then i'd say it's either a resident or a friend of.

I would suggest you move & find a place with a garage. Otherwise buy a thick car cover thats not easy to lift up when secured. The idea being that if it takes some effort to access the body they probably won't bother you again & put a sign up making people aware of the CCTV.
Its a brand new unit that I bought 2 years ago off the plan that I just moved in a couple of months ago. I'm writing to strata and am hoping that if I can find some evidence on the videos that I can organise (at my cost) a garage for my space. Its big enough and is sectioned off so it doesnt affect anyone to have it enclosed. Will have to see what I can come up with. Still going through video for now.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:29 PM   #44
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hope you find those responsible soon. Keep us updated!
Old 01-07-2013, 11:40 PM   #45
jakkes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

we had our car keyed at of all places summernats the biggest car show in oz few years ago now but at a car show!!!!! arrhhhhh!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------
BA falcon XT mkII, 5.4lt, 5sp,
Y-code, xy windowless pano, 3 on the tree manual.
re-shelled xy falcon GT, manual.
1980 honda CX500 scrambler/dirt tracker
jakkes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2013, 10:32 PM   #46
Spurious

I lived in canberra for 20 years and not once did I go to summernats. The mentality of those that frequent such an event mostly represent the bus riding, helmet wearing, left lip dribbling people that I keep well clear of.... "SHOW US YA' T_TS"....I rest my case. Kypez, good luck with the garage. Sounds like the way to go. If you have decent insurance it should't cost you an excess for malicious damage repair work (pssst, get any other spots fixed while your at it, nod nod wink wink).