Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 22-08-2012, 07:49 AM   #31
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: 2012 Ford Focus 1.6 Auto

Inspections would be around 2-300 at a guesstimate. How bout you visit a dealer and 'test drive' your spec of car and compare? Or see if a person here is local to you and meet up to see if the other car does the same noise on the same routes. Film any differences of course!

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2012, 08:45 AM   #32
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuecwy
Hi RUSS,
Thanks for your reply!

As I pointed out I don't know much about Car, so I didn't really know how to argue with that guy today. I will see if that scary shaking happens again, if it does happen, I will definitely follow what you tell me and try to get myself out of that dangerous car lol...

Where can I get an independent inspector to look at? And how much ?
Hi,

I'm not certain exactly how much it would cost, the easiest way would be to ask them upfront before they look at the car, just be sure that it's a reputable mechanical workshop you take it to and clarify with them that if they were to know what the problem is and you needed confirmation in writing, would they be prepared to help and what would they charge ? I would assume you have full Comprehensive insurance on the car ? I would recommend first that you contact your insurance company, explain the situation to them and see if they have someone they can get to look at the car for you or alternatively a mechanical workshop they could recommend Nobody wants to be or should have to be out of pocket over an issue with a new car, that's what the warranty is meant to be for The biggest hassle nowadays is when an issue occurs such as yours, if it doesn't ring bells or jump out and bite them on the butt when plugged into the computer most of them wouldn't have a bloody clue what's causing it, I'm not having a shot at mechanics more the attitude of the dealers and the lack of customer service at many dealerships :(
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2012, 11:00 PM   #33
Yuecwy
Starter Motor

halo GUYS,

JUST A QUICK UPDATE..

The transmission noise is getting louder and the car now shakes more frequently... SO I decide to let dealership folks to feel how it is like to drive a car like this.

The customer service rep test drive my car and within 1 min he said to me: yep...definitely the noise is not right...
THANK GOD you said that!!

So they scheduled mine car for a reprogram and proper check next week. And if that doesn't work, final solution is clutch replacement.

AND if that doesn't work----fingercross it does!!
There is simply no fix= =.....

People from US (the FF forum )are trying to use lemon law to force FORD to buy back their focus 2012 for all these problems im experiencing, but failed...

SO...I really hope they can fix my car..

sigh..
Yuecwy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2012, 11:02 PM   #34
Yuecwy
Starter Motor

AND the dealership said they have another focus 2012 in their service centre for the same problem ---slightly better than mine..= =..OK

So ---anyone has got similar experience , please throw in some comments here so i have better clue how im going to deal with it><
Yuecwy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2012, 01:23 AM   #35
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Seems to be a common trait of dual clutch autos.
Although I have no experience with the Focus, but we've got some new trucks at work with these type of gearboxes and theres quite a few of them that have had new gearboxes already. One has yet to even had its first service yet, but is on its 3rd gearbox.

Im starting to think Toyota have the right idea as they dont have any dual clutch autos in production. Even the Lexus LFA doesnt have one.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2013, 05:55 PM   #36
FabFocus
Starter Motor

Hi Yuecwy,

How did this end up for you?

Did you have the problem fixed? And, how is the car running now?
FabFocus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2013, 03:09 PM   #37
Selwyn Wood

My friend owns the Ford Focus LW Ambiente 1.6L Engine and has the same problem he is abit up there with cars and he has told me its not a problem its just the Dual Cluch System wearing in, and will disappear after time.
Selwyn Wood is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2013, 03:27 PM   #38
SJG351
Donating Member
Donating Member2

No clutch in any transmission should shudder under normal conditions, If it does it is faulty! to be told it is wearing in are you kidding???? That is clearly something that has not had the correct tolerances from the start and they(the dealer) hope it will somehow self machine away the problem over time, that is BS and you are crazy to put up with it. What is going on here is a shift in sevice quality because the cars are imported and the spare parts are not on the shelf, tell them to put a new trans in it or you will make trouble
SJG351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #39
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Any more movement on this issue? Yuecwy did you get the problem fixed?
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2013, 09:41 AM   #40
Selwyn Wood

I was hanging out with my friend the other day that i mentioned in my other post and the Shatter is gone, i dont think there is a fix as of yet.
Selwyn Wood is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post