Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-05-2013, 10:49 PM   #61
69XWGT

Default Re: Ford Australia: THANK YOU

I've been a passionate fan since I saw my first Super Roo decal on an XWGT when I was 6 years old.
Watched my first Bathurst that year and was devastated when they didn't win.
The next couple of years made up for it though.
I had a dream. I wanted one of those XWGTs and I fulfilled it in 1989 and through thick and thin still have it. Will be my boys car one day
Had over a dozen Falcons over the years, plus other Fords
Never had an issue with an Australian built car. Only ever had a dud when it came from Europe.

Thank you to all the Ford staff that had the vision and passion to design and build us some truly inspiring cars.
Thank you to the staff on the factory floor bolting everything together.
Thank you to the true believers that knew what the Australian car industry was about.

I feel like I've lost a family member. I sit here crying at our loss.
I am deeply saddened and bitterly disappointed.

I'm just a fan. I can't imagine how the employees at Geelong or Broady would feel.

I think of people like Geoff Polites that bled blue and had a passion for both the company and the cars. I think what it could have been like if the Bill Bourkes and the Geoff Polites of this world were still running Ford Australia.

A big thank you to those who championed the Ford Australia cause.

and a big F you to Ford Asia Pacific, and Ford head office for betraying the very people that lived and breathed your product. A Big F you for giving us a revolving door of septic tank CEO's that knew nothing about the Australian car industry and were university graduates rather than passionate car people
Mays and Mulally can get stuffed too. You can keep your badly built Mustang and you can your dog ugly Taurus and until you start making that European garbage more suitable to Australian conditions you can keep that too.
Don't bother with your F150 F250 they're about as reliable as a Lada
69XWGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 24-05-2013, 11:55 PM   #62
janddbone
B1 - J & D Services
Donating Member1

Thank you.
1999 Subaru Imprezza Sportwagon
1998 Holden Suburban 2500
1995 Land Rover Discovery TDI
1994 XG XR6 Longreach
1983 Holden Rodeo
1982 ZK Fairlane 302 six seater
1975 Datsun 120Y wagon
1970 MG Midget
1967 Rover 2000TC
Soon: Model T.
janddbone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2013, 10:51 AM   #63
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was brought up with my uncle working at ford for 40 years+, my Grandpa also did his whole working life there from the early days, and my dad getting every new model that was released (well nearly! I remember we had an XC, XD, XF S Pack, EA S Pack, EB XR6, EDXR6, EF2XR6, then a pause as he didnt like the AU's... and he got an FG XR6 Turbo! Whenever we would be around town (80's 90's)(Geelong) we would go past Rex Gorell or Cam Dawson back years ago and check out what was in the yard. He has an FG XR6 Turbo now and will keep it forever.
EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2013, 11:14 PM   #64
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A big THANK you to the engineers and workers who have designed and built some of the best and most iconic cars in Australia’s History.

A big **** you to the bean-counters and marketing gurus who have systematically killed them off.