Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-03-2013, 02:40 PM   #61
H.G
Driver Returns On Foot

Default Re: Inattentive drivers annoy me

I probably shouldn't reply from my iPod when driving then
H.G is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2013, 06:07 PM   #62
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6T0Y View Post
Nah wouldn't have been my fault. The left lane swings to the left pretty wide, then back in. What he had done, was start in the left, go halfway into the right, and straight through the both lanes until the end 'til he eventually returned to the left lane

Watch the front drivers side of his car and you can see how far over the line he is
I have a friend who does that all the time. I HATE being a passenger in her car!
She doesn't pay attention, it's as simple as that. She doesn't take driving seriously.
If her car gets damaged she just sends it off to her ex-boyfriend who is a panel beater and he fixes it for her.

Last time we went out, she was told twice in the evening to "turn right at the next street", and then turned left instead.

When you point out that she will get herself or someone else seriously hurt or killed, she laughs.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2013, 09:00 PM   #63
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers View Post
I have a friend who does that all the time. I HATE being a passenger in her car!
She doesn't pay attention, it's as simple as that. She doesn't take driving seriously.
If her car gets damaged she just sends it off to her ex-boyfriend who is a panel beater and he fixes it for her.

Last time we went out, she was told twice in the evening to "turn right at the next street", and then turned left instead.

When you point out that she will get herself or someone else seriously hurt or killed, she laughs.
If she is that bad, why would you get in there in the first place?

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2013, 01:28 AM   #64
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo supporter View Post
If she is that bad, why would you get in there in the first place?
Most of the time I end up driving her car instead. Occasionally she has had to pick me up at work on the way out somewhere, in which case I navigate, and tell her to keep off the back of the car in front, warn her of red lights coming up...
Tonight actually, she wanted to take me out for a belated birthday dinner, and pick up a couple of her friends along the way. I drove to the friend's house I remembered, because she didn't know the short way, then that friend drove to the next friend's place and out to dinner.

I then drove to our desert venue. Afterwards, the other friend dropped the mutual friend home, then back to her place, and then I drove home to mine again. She's now got 6 blocks to drive on her own to her house, and the rest of us got home safely.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2013, 11:28 AM   #65
Dark Reign
Starter Motor

Like riding a motorcycle, you always have to look out for and drive for the lowest common denominator
Dark Reign is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2013, 03:46 PM   #66
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

A couple of days ago I was following a hatchback along Bell St, Coburg, looked like he was in his 30's or 40's and was in the left lane, the lanes along there aren't that wide but this character had his right indicator on so I hung back behind him. Then he started hitting the kerb heavily on his left side while doing the 60 kph speed limit, and eventually did do a right turn. I was staying well clear of him. These idiots (to put it politely) shouldn't be driving IMO, but there are no police around to pick them up.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2013, 04:36 PM   #67
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ghia View Post
Bell St, Coburg,
Worst road in Melbourne, for everything.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-03-2013, 08:42 PM   #68
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ghia View Post
These idiots (to put it politely) shouldn't be driving IMO, but there are no police around to pick them up.
They're never round when you need them, yet they're around when you don't want them...

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2013, 04:13 PM   #69
Winter XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Unlucky mate, but on the bright side, you have got yourself a very limited edition in the garage now to compensate for it!
Winter XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2013, 06:40 PM   #70
Mr G8
Maximum Derek

This is a picture of roadworks currently going on at my place, There's usually two lanes for both sides of the road, but as they are upgrading both in and outbound lanes, you have to drive on one side of the road for both directions

One afternoon coming home from Taralgon, i was slowing down to turn left onto the new unfinished section of road to get to my place, no sooner i had done that, a woman in a 2000 fiesta, drove from her lane straight into oncoming traffic for a good 80 meters until she saw a car coming. There are more then 25 sings stating you MUST stay left/right while going through... she clearly wasn't paying any attention... Oh, AND 2 weeks later, same thing happened again. Got it on film that time tho.

2008 FG XT 6 Speed
18's, Tint, ZF Conversion, LED Conversion, Exhaust.
Mr G8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post