Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 30-12-2005, 05:08 AM   #61
chrisl
Starter Motor

Quote:
If you want to see the SCIENTIFIC PROOF and lots of other interesting stuff, especially the over rating of the genetic code, go to www.brucelipton.com. Buy the DVD Biology of belief. Makes you wonder how far the wool has pulled over our eyes.
I looked and there was just a salesman trying to sell me his book. Where is the science that you claim? It should be everywhere.

Can I just make one other point about science. Science is NOT about proving something to be correct beyond question. It’s about trying to find the most reasonable explanation based on the evidence before them. A scientist is expected to discard a theory if someone can use reason to come up with a better theory (which is the main difference between science and religion). So a (good) scientist may appear to some to be trying to prove that a theory is correct beyond doubt, but they are really just listening for something that might disprove the theory. However, if the answer that comes back does not do that, then they will say so, so that the person can have another shot at it. Admittedly to be polite, some shots on this thread are better than others, but I'm still waiting.

PS.
Quote:
Einstein's theory also deals with time travel, but nothing has come of that.
You travel through time every time you go up in a plane. It can be measured although it takes an atomic clock to do it and the travel is so minute that you can't tell that you have aged more than those on the ground.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2005, 07:12 AM   #62
gazzaEBXR6

technically i dont think we die ok ur body shuts down but i think we are reborn again.
gazzaEBXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2005, 02:56 PM   #63
red_october
Go on, be a monkey....

There's too many questions with no solid answers, and this is one of them.

Personally tho, yes, I believe there is life after death, as well as many close encounters with the physically unseen dimension for me to think otherwise.
red_october is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2005, 03:06 PM   #64
98AUXR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
No one can answer that but the dead.
I think this is the most accurate so I stay open minded :voldar02:
98AUXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2005, 03:45 PM   #65
TuMor
its not a!

For those whom are curious..check your clock.

http://www.deathclock.com/

Pessimist's die younger, sorry sourbastard. ^_^

Charcoal Black
ohh yeeah
TuMor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2005, 03:56 PM   #66
xr8gn3

Where to begin.....rather then giving my opinions and expressing my faith as a Christian some of you might find the answers your looking for here.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/qa.asp

Sorry gtfpv, I got no stories to tell........only the ones from the bible

xr8gn3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2005, 04:32 PM   #67
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVR73
However if a non believer finds out there is a god, then he/she is in serious trouble and will be face judgement from god , end up at a horrible place for all time and lose everything

What we give away in service of god whether it's donation to charities, helping people at any time, offering your time to help people less fortunate - we will receive it back and be rewarded with more
If I did exactly the same in the service of humanity but am a non believer, would I be overlooked and sent elsewhere compared to a believer who commited crime against humanity?

I've been to bible class and questions like 'will my dog Timmy go to heaven' have been asked and the answer has been 'no', then of course the questions is 'why not?'. the same also applis to any living thing but there seems to be a selective entry to heaven despite us all being 'gods creatures'.

As for experiences, I was electrocuted when about 14 and parts of my life flashed by in a slide show fashion in what would have only been a few seconds.
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2005, 07:08 PM   #68
hypnodoc
Its All In Your Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl
I looked and there was just a salesman trying to sell me his book. Where is the science that you claim? It should be everywhere.

Can I just make one other point about science. Science is NOT about proving something to be correct beyond question. It’s about trying to find the most reasonable explanation based on the evidence before them. A scientist is expected to discard a theory if someone can use reason to come up with a better theory (which is the main difference between science and religion). So a (good) scientist may appear to some to be trying to prove that a theory is correct beyond doubt, but they are really just listening for something that might disprove the theory. However, if the answer that comes back does not do that, then they will say so, so that the person can have another shot at it. Admittedly to be polite, some shots on this thread are better than others, but I'm still waiting.

PS.

You travel through time every time you go up in a plane. It can be measured although it takes an atomic clock to do it and the travel is so minute that you can't tell that you have aged more than those on the ground.
You couldn't have looked too hard mate :Up_to_som

Xtreme Tuned: 375 RwKw (502 RwHp) & 820 Nm:
Whhooooooosssssssshhhhhh
HSV HUNTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!

BA Phoons 013 and 333 Gone
hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2005, 07:47 PM   #69
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnodoc
Does that mean when we close our eyes or turn the lights out we are dead?
I went for 3 minutes and have to agree with Packer. But if you get away from Newtonian Physics and into the Quantum realm (as medical science was supposed to do in 1953. Medicine still never takes energy into account, only matter and organisms) then its an entirely different story. The December 1999 Journal of The American Medical Association has an article re a study of 10,000 near death experiences in European hospitals and declared consciousness goes on. There are millions of reports from all over the world of strange happenings after a near death experience, and you don't hallucinate from a lack of oxygen, you pass out. As far as endorphins creating pictures, a very weak theory supposed on no evidence except opinion :
The worlds most esteemed micro-biologist Dr Bruce Lipton spent years lecturing and researching on this topic at Harvard while also working on the human genome project. He scientifically PROOVED the continuation of consciousness. If you want to see the SCIENTIFIC PROOF and lots of other interesting stuff, especially the over rating of the genetic code, go to www.brucelipton.com. Buy the DVD Biology of belief. Makes you wonder how far the wool has pulled over our eyes. Most doctors and nurses privately admit to the experiences they have witnessed in A&Es.

Reminds me of an insight I got at Uni years ago.

A Professor at a major Australian University asks a student: What topic are you choosing to do for your Ph.D. thesis.
Student Answers: I'm going to the University of Delhi (an internationally respected university of high academic standards) in India to do my Thesis on life after death.
The Professor looks baffled and asks "Why would you want to do that? Everybody knows that when you're dead, then you're dead. :

The student arrives in Delhi and reports to the university. During his initial interview a Professor says: I see you have come here to study and establish Life after Death, then asks: Why would you want to do that? Everybody knows there's life after death.

Like everybody else I don't KNOW the answer for sure, and nobody has ever bought back a video. But theres got to be a lot more to life than just 50-60 trillion cells adhering togeather to create a body :evil_laug
Hell for all our apparent scientific knowledge and medical advancements, to this day nobody has even prooved absolutely that we even think in our brains. The best that can be prooven is that the brain plays a substantial role in our physical self restoration and emotional reactionary and responsive behaviour. Anyway thats my lot :
Well your the Doc... Doc!!:P
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2005, 07:57 PM   #70
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Well if there IS life after death........then the Parramatta Eels have some chance in winning a grand final :
Old 30-12-2005, 08:06 PM   #71
SVR73
Mr Polish

[QUOTE=Kieron]If I did exactly the same in the service of humanity but am a non believer, would I be overlooked and sent elsewhere compared to a believer who commited crime against humanity?

Probably. You can't serve two masters, if your not serving god, you are serving satan (at least that is what's in the bible)
He uses your circumstances and the people around you to tell you what his plan for your life is

Eternal life is a free gift, all we need to do is ask for it, repent, accept jesus as your saviour and let him take control of your life and you are in
We are living in the age of grace but one day the door of grace will be closed you can still get in but it's gonna really hurt and may mean a painful death

I respect your opinions, it's up to you
The best is yet to come
We are all very special , remember that
Old 30-12-2005, 08:08 PM   #72
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Did'nt any of your parents tell you to NEVER talk about religion, politics or holden/ford...................

P.S the only person who rules me atm is my girlfriend... strange powers those women do possess hmmmmm?
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2005, 08:20 PM   #73
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Quote:
Originally Posted by clontarf_x
Did'nt any of your parents tell you to NEVER talk about religion, politics or holden/ford...................

P.S the only person who rules me atm is my girlfriend... strange powers those women do possess hmmmmm?
Well at least your not in bed with Satan..........or are you :Up_to_som
Old 30-12-2005, 09:57 PM   #74
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Swish
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2005, 10:52 PM   #75
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

Default Dead O'Clock....

"Personal Death Clock = 414,958,216 seconds" and counting.....
Come 2019, it's see ya!!!

Ah well, not long to go now gents.
Best I spend it out cruising in my ute!
I've not been dead yet that I know of, but tried pretty bloody hard
through prangs, being born early & whatnot.

One thing that does relate a little to the subject for me is that whenever
I have been zonked out, is the feeling of life flashing before your eyes as others have said.
Not only that, but I can only recall things that were 'good' to me, and can't seem to remember anything bad.

It might seem a bit negative, but I'm actually looking forward to calling it quits because the world just seems to degenerate more and more with each passing day.

If all is to believed, we're in for a good show after we cark it, so I'll come back & tell ya.

Ed

Last edited by XD 351 Ute; 30-12-2005 at 10:59 PM.
XD 351 Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2005, 10:53 PM   #76
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Looks like Im here til 2039?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2005, 12:09 AM   #77
M&Ms
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo347
Looks like Im here til 2039?
I'm here til June 2082... thats 2 months before I turn 98. :
M&Ms is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2005, 12:52 AM   #78
Mrs347stroker
Banned

So what about Walt Disney or the other who are frozen until someone can bring him back to life, now is that LIFE after DEATH..........
Mrs347stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2005, 03:23 AM   #79
Doogstar
B-Series Moderator

Well, I believe that this physical plane we are in, IS Heaven & Hell. it's all about how you live your life. Life is a series of experiences and lessons. YOU choose to die when the lessons of your life are complete or you have experienced what you needed to experience, or when you are not in a position to complete your lessons (so to speak).

If the above is true, that means that the essence that is you, will come back again and again until you have learnt the lessons and passed your final exams at which point you won't need to be a physical being anymore.

I believe in God as an energy that perminates though and connects all living things. The aim is to become one with God again and bring the wealth of your experiences with you.

This is the Readers Digest version of my beliefs, there is more but I have gone on long enough. I am not saying what others believe is wrong, I respect your right to believe as you wish. I leave you with a quote.

"All the world's a stage and we are merely players" Shakespere

380rwkw - 11.68 @ 120.94mph 60ft=1.97
Custom Tune, Exhaust. injectors.1.2K Plazmaman 1.2K Plenum kit

Now with bigger turbo and 426rwkw.
Doogstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2005, 09:51 AM   #80
Yummy Mummy

Well I'm outa here on April 15 2048.
Yummy Mummy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2005, 12:46 PM   #81
red_october
Go on, be a monkey....

I don't have a use-by date, Windows crashed when I tried to use it :-)
red_october is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post