Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-02-2005, 08:26 PM   #1
FordFan86
meow

Default Stupid bugger almost hit me

I was pulling up to a fairly big round about, was in the right lane (2 lane road and 2 lane round about), i pulled into the left lane about 100m before i hit the roundabout and i was next to a white XF, we were side by side thru the roundabout, and just as we were exiting he started turning into my lane.
I swear if i had not hit the brakes as quick as i did he would have taken out my front 1/4 panel at about 40 k an hour :\
I honked at him after braking, he pulled into the right lane again pretty fast, i speed up, window down finger and abuse out the window... was an older male ~50-70 (can't tell when they are older :\)
then just pulled over while testing out the ABS, called my dad and just left it a few minutes before i calmed down.
He scared the ****ing shit out of me and i came quite close to just booting off at 150+k, realised my luck with coppers and fines that would not have been a very good idea so i puleld over and called dad
EDIT: he was about half a car length in front of me, the roundabouts a sort of curvy one when it comes to and end so he would've hit me at an angle as i was still in a fairly straight line

Last edited by FordFan86; 01-02-2005 at 08:28 PM.
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2005, 08:51 PM   #2
clampy
Mr Extraordinary

shite man... close call... good thing you calmed yaself down instead of blowin up.
clampy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2005, 10:38 PM   #3
au-steve
fully *** turboooo

did you dad come through with the shotgun you asked for when you called him?
au-steve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2005, 10:43 PM   #4
FordFan86
meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by au-steve
did you dad come through with the shotgun you asked for when you called him?
?
i dont need a shotgun :\
he just told me to calm down and be careful (knows what im like when angry and driving :\)he does use a .44 special for work tho ;)
:P
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post