Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-12-2005, 06:34 PM   #31
Josh_XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

20 dollar gift voucher, god im gettin riped
Josh_XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 08:01 PM   #32
JAJH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My tight-**** boss couldn't do anything this year for the staff. That's the thanks we get for a year of hard slog. I guess it 's cos he now has to pay for the new house in Toorak!

PREVIOUS RIDES
AU3 VENOM RED XR8, 19" SILVER ARGENTS, REBEL BODY KIT & 6/4 BREMBOS
MARS RED FG MK2 XR6 ECOLPI, SILVER ARGENT 19" RIMS & TINT
BLOOD ORANGE BA GTP, QUAD EXHAUST, SUNROOF, CHIPPED, SS CAI, 320KW
NAROOMA BLUE AU3 HERROD XR8- SS CAI, TS RIMS, 6/4 BREMBOS, TWIN SPOILER, REBEL BODY KIT & TUNED BY ELITE
VENOM GTP, HERROD EXHAUST, DVD PLAYER, WINDOW TINT, SS CAI, STEALTH
VENOM AU11 TE50, HERROD LOWERED, HEADERS AND EXHAUST
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JAJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 08:14 PM   #33
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Current incentive we have going for our team is to recreate the proceedures for a full site install of our software but Jan 23rd. If we make it (and its a big if) we all get $5000 (less tax) in our next pay on top of our usual pay (will cost the company a cool $45K for this one). Other incentives have seen us all get qantas club membership, free home broadband and free lunches with the boss.

Our company loves to keep us happy... and they are willing to pay for it!

Oh, and all frequent flyer points we get for work travel are ours to use personally. :

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 08:21 PM   #34
b2tf
not here much anymore

We get pretty good perks, been working our ***** off lately though just to get the place open. But as cheesy as it may sound, the best thing about my work is that everybody actually wants to be there - we don't need bonuses or extra money to turn up on time and do our very best. Thats what I actually enjoy most about it, that and the fact that I get paid to make sure everybody has fun.

(no my boss is not sitting behind me as i type this)
Old 20-12-2005, 09:12 PM   #35
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Our store apparently won some challenge for selling the biggest % increase of Lux bodywash or something, during a 3 week period, and the prize was a visit from Jennifer Hawkins.

But her "people" decided the store wasn't big enough to get enough publicity from it, for her, so we got sent a signed photo instead.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 09:30 PM   #36
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

got $20 for xmas party for the last time this yr,it seems that a couple billion profit isnt enough to keep the share holders happy. go figure.
Old 20-12-2005, 09:38 PM   #37
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

5 years ago I was told if I complete the project ahead of time and bellow estimated cost I would get a bonus. I was not told what it was going to be. I did what was required and got the bonus. It was a $7000 go kart (Rotax Max engine mounted to a Top Kart chassis). Man was I stoked, I allmost cried in front of the boss, because I all I would get was a extra $500 in my pay packet.... 1 year later I sold it, and my other Kart to put towards a deposit for a house.....

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 10:35 AM   #38
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
My company doesn't provided end of year bonuses, however they do put on a night of drinks and food and they consider this out bonus, without sounding ungrateful I'd rather the cash!
Don't you get leave loading?
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 11:32 AM   #39
dzynafalcon
Grafik Dzyna

screw the bonuses, i want a large pay raise.
we got told bout 12 months ago that management were introducing an incentive program. it consisted of $20 per month extra pay if we were extra productive individually, and another $20 if our department was extra productive. they canned it after 2 weeks and decided that food hampers was a better idea. cheapskates considering that one of our major customers is Sanitarium and we get stuff dirt cheap. mmmm processed foods. yippee for us. surprise surprise - we havent seen a damn thing.
we did get an $80 Myer card this year tho, which will come in handy im sure.
dzynafalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 11:39 AM   #40
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzynafalcon
screw the bonuses, i want a large pay raise.
we got told bout 12 months ago that management were introducing an incentive program. it consisted of $20 per month extra pay if we were extra productive individually, and another $20 if our department was extra productive. they canned it after 2 weeks and decided that food hampers was a better idea. cheapskates considering that one of our major customers is Sanitarium and we get stuff dirt cheap. mmmm processed foods. yippee for us. surprise surprise - we havent seen a damn thing.
we did get an $80 Myer card this year tho, which will come in handy im sure.
I suppose saying I got a 23% payrise (15% up front and 2 lots of 4% over the next 6 months) would be rubbing it in then? :

Old 21-12-2005, 11:52 AM   #41
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The only thing we get all year is a christmas hamper. Well a sports bag in company colours, 2 beach towels (in company colours), cap, coffee mug, insulated mug, and digital personal AM/FM radio with company branding on it. Then the christmas part is some shortbread, plum pudding, and fruit mince pies. The processed stuff that has a half life, not a use by date on it.
Not too bad, last year it was wine and other christmas foodstuffs in a hamper. Before that we got a BBQ - by the time our division got to it, all that was left was scraps. One year they had packed the BBQ up and took it away as it was hired, so we got nothing.
We used to have an occasional pizza night - this gave the management the opportunity to communicate with us face to face all together. But communication isn't a strong point of the management and it got canned.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 12:30 PM   #42
Gunns
Banned

How does nothing sound! Coles Myer are tight asses!
Gunns is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 12:32 PM   #43
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

I work for the Victorian Government and get paid the same, whether I work lots or little. Nil Incentive. :sm_drool: :sm_drool: :sm_drool: :sm_drool:
Redrum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 12:42 PM   #44
BlackLS

We had a lunch at Grappa in Leichard yesterday, really nice italian restaurant.

Apart from that work let me choose and paid for my own laptop computer and their also cool paying for courses.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 02:10 PM   #45
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

Gettin' a bbq on Friday....Oh, allmost forgot, today I got a card personally signed by the MD and 2 Belgian Chocolates....Did I mention that I work for the "Worlds Largest _ _ _ Retailer" who turns over between 16-18 billion US$.
Not bad after 12 years service hey?

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 02:58 PM   #46
Steve D
Irregular Member

They put about $30 towards an end-of-year function (each department does its own thing), and we also got a gift voucher for the staff shop. You could cash-out the voucher but then tax has to be applied.
Steve D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 03:16 PM   #47
Citric GT
Its yellow, NOT green!

Up until a scumbag company took over the company I work for, we were looked after well in that they just left us to do our job. I think giving your workers a bit of respect is just as good as giving them presents. Now we are constantly harrassed for the most trivial things such as rolling up our sleeves...
Old 21-12-2005, 04:50 PM   #48
dzynafalcon
Grafik Dzyna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I suppose saying I got a 23% payrise (15% up front and 2 lots of 4% over the next 6 months) would be rubbing it in then? :
ing_sm :

may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits.

i am working on building up my own business as well, so we will see who has the last laugh shall we... :yeees:
dzynafalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 05:21 PM   #49
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzynafalcon
i am working on building up my own business as well, so we will see who has the last laugh shall we... :yeees:
Been there, done that. I happily traded cash for lifestyle and went back to an employee.. I now earn significantly more than I did with my own business, have a fraction of the stress, dont even think about where my next payslip is being funded from and have the weekends to myself.

Being your own boss sounds great... but I hated it. I'll be "Mr Pleb Employee" anyday.

Old 21-12-2005, 10:47 PM   #50
Hitman
Way over here

No bonuses for me this year, but I can't really complain too much, a few months ago I got a 33.5% nett payrise and I'm earning more in a week now than I was in a fortnight at my last job.
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 10:55 PM   #51
XD-Machine
proud xd owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gubas
G'day all.

I work at Victoria's biggest cement manufactoring plant in Geelong. Thought I'll share the latest. Just picked up my prestent from work. We get these "No Lost Time Injury" awards. This year it was a choice of a Ipod, Stereo, Camping chairs and tables, Surround sound system, and another thing a cant remember.

I got the stezza.

We also just recently recieved a 2000 dollar bonus for contributing our time through a really long shutdown of the plant. Working up to 14 hours a day for close to 3 months would justify this. 5 times I worked close to 90 hours a week. The rest I averaged 65 hours a week.

My question is, have any of you guys/gals recieved cash or other incentives for slaving your ar$e off at work?

Gubas
just to the title of this thread, my insentive is a job at the end of the week cause if i dont work hard enough i bet you i wont have that job by the end of the week.

My XD's progress http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=20847
XD-Machine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 11:04 PM   #52
pandaman
Back in Blue!

hmmm, sounds like a lot of scrooge bosses out there. Mine aren't too bad, they're just plain weird. They keep telling me that I'm "just a casual" so they wont help me out getting my forklift ticket or truck license (but if I was to get it off my own bat they would of course be willing to take advantage). Hell, a couple of weeks ago I finally got around to asking them why their superannuation contributions weren't appearing on my payslip, the bookkeeper said she'd been told not to bother as I was "just a casual" and "he won't be around very long anyway" (over a year now you bastards :the_finge sorted now though).

Then after all this, they go and invite me to a VERY nice christmas party at a classy establishment (by my standards anyway), beer and dinner on the company and they even got me a fairly expensive present, an AWESOME night (although there were only about 4 or 5 blue collar blokes out of about a hundred odd people attending though). The boss himself even offered to go out of his way to give me a lift home! freaky stuff. Wonder how long it'll take em to go back to doing silly irritating things to annoy me. :evil_laug Ahh well they've got a month and a half before I'm back at uni.

Back in Blue baby!
pandaman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 11:10 PM   #53
Gubas
- BOOYEH -

Quote:
Originally Posted by XD-Machine
just to the title of this thread, my insentive is a job at the end of the week cause if i dont work hard enough i bet you i wont have that job by the end of the week.
Damn, that sucks. Do you work casual labour?

Just to add, picked up my christmas food hamper today. Took the bottle of Tawny Port out, and gave the rest to my mum.