Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 28-11-2012, 09:33 PM   #1
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default FiestaBago!

Who said the fiesta is just a car to go from A to B??

Now i can see the rest of the alphabet.

Cheers,
Fiestaz

fiestaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 30-11-2012, 07:48 PM   #2
Pursya

Default Re: FiestaBago!

That is hilarious!
Pursya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2012, 08:29 PM   #3
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We took ours to Inskip point off Fraser island.. got it stuck on the sump/gearbox/floor/everything at one stage in the sand tracks but other than that it was just great as a holiday/camping machine
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #4
BrisVegas
Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfoam View Post
We took ours to Inskip point off Fraser island.. got it stuck on the sump/gearbox/floor/everything at one stage in the sand tracks but other than that it was just great as a holiday/camping machine
That's awesome! We take our Pajero there, and it's got a 2" lift and 32" tyres. What was I thinking? Just gotta find a way to get the Engel, 4wd mat, tent, camping gear, kids and dog in the Fez!
LS Focus Zetec 5dr - gone
WS Fiesta Zetec 5dr - gone
BrisVegas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #5
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep it was pretty awesome, it's also a 5,000km round trip from here up the coast (and we've done it twice already in the Fiesta). Done 170,000 km's in it now, really need to get onto that timing belt soon.
This user likes this post:
Old 01-12-2012, 09:07 PM   #6
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yep it was pretty awesome, it's also a 5,000km round trip from here up the coast (and we've done it twice already in the Fiesta). Done 170,000 km's in it now, really need to get onto that timing belt soon.
thats awesome. im planning to get out and about with the tent and the fiesta.

mines only got 27000kms, how is it at 170k?
Old 03-12-2012, 09:35 PM   #7
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

That is great!

Someone did something similar with a Mondeo a while back...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimStone View Post
...and now for something entirely different - overnight camping, Mondeo Hatch style....

Test run to try out an idea and to figure out a final design; a bit rough but for a hours time on the sewing machine, a few sacrificial bedsheets and zipper it actually worked quite well - yeah I know, least I could do was make the bed.

As for Inskip Point go into the pub (I think) in Rainbow beach next time you're up there some great photos of bogged cars on the wall. A good laugh! Kudos for getting a Fez out though!

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2012, 02:13 AM   #8
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestaz View Post
thats awesome. im planning to get out and about with the tent and the fiesta.

mines only got 27000kms, how is it at 170k?
I couldn't say it's really changed at all since new, still drives very tight. Doesn't rattle any more than it did when new.. in fact I think it rattles less now. All it's ever had done is oil and oil filter changed each 15k with castrol edge, one new set of spark plugs at about 100,000ks? (the originals were still fine then too) and one new air filter ! oh and new front rotors and pads at 155k. One thing I need to replace and never get around to it is the wiper blades.. lol I'm still on the originals and they have been 90% stuffed for well.. a long time. because the car is still so good we plan on keeping the car for the life of this engine and then one more low km second hand engine at least, that's the plan anyway.

Re, the Inskip point bogging, after I had dug most of the sand out from under the car some 4wd guys came along and said to each other.. we should be able to just push this out and they did, about 5 people was all it took (with me giving the clutch some pain). Then when I drove it to a more stable part of the track the car threw all kinds of lights and sounds at me, something about the brake system having failed. The abs/esc sensors must have had sand in them because it came good next time I started it. the only reason it got bogged was because the cars just too low for those kind of tracks and the middle of the car just got stuck.

Last edited by greenfoam; 08-12-2012 at 02:19 AM.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:38 PM   #9
Pursya

I assume you have done a couple of timing belts in this time also?
Old 09-12-2012, 11:08 PM   #10
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pursya, the Ford belt is supposed to last 150k or ten years whichever comes first. I planed on doing it at around 170k (I've got about 1k to go) my theory for the extra 20k is since it's supposed to last 150k and our car has averaged 70km/h over it's life the belt has still actually spun around much less than the typical city driven Fiesta's would have at 150k. I'd do it right now if I had the workshop manual, probably order it this week since it's almost time to change the belt according to my schedule.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:21 AM   #11
Pursya

I've never heard of a small car with such a long belt life. Good news as the XC Barina cost me $800 plus every 60,000kms.
My Toyota Camry just had its 150,000km belt change and the used belt was pristine. So your probably safe with your assumption of "soft life" long belt life.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #12
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its great to hear these fiesta's are lasting well. i have had my doubts at times.

New addition to the fiestabago... a 35L Waeco fridge, plugs into the lighter. running right now, got the beers nice and cold in a few hours. just letting it run to see how long it will last. its supposed to cut out when the battery gets down to a certain voltage (about 10.5volts). so we will see if the car starts on that voltage. So far so good.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:41 PM   #13
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had considered getting a mechanic to change the belt but at ~$500 and my time being practically free I'll do it myself, I have a couple of friends that are mechanics I can call (one ex Ford) if I get into trouble so it should be all good, might take some pictures if that will help anyone out in the future.

FiestaZ you should get a some raised springs for your fiestabago and some gravel wheels and tyres and go camp in the Flinders rangers or somewhere more remote : ).
Old 11-12-2012, 09:52 PM   #14
Pursya

While you're in there, do the water pump as well. Will save you heartache later on.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:10 PM   #15
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

Quote:
might take some pictures if that will help anyone out in the future.
Please do!

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2012, 10:40 PM   #16
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestaz View Post
Its great to hear these fiesta's are lasting well. i have had my doubts at times.

New addition to the fiestabago... a 35L Waeco fridge, plugs into the lighter. running right now, got the beers nice and cold in a few hours. just letting it run to see how long it will last. its supposed to cut out when the battery gets down to a certain voltage (about 10.5volts). so we will see if the car starts on that voltage. So far so good.
Those Waeco fridges are good, had a Landcruiser ute come into the workshop for an issue with the fridge turning on/off after 20 or so minutes.

His batteries were screwed, so it was triggering the battery cut-off real quick, when we replaced them, after about 30 minutes of running, the fridge was showing around -2 degrees.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #17
Caydus

Quote:
FiestaZ you should get a some raised springs for your fiestabago and some gravel wheels and tyres and go camp in the Flinders rangers or somewhere more remote : ).
That's what they did here.
Caydus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #18
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well dunno bout raised springs and off road tyres.... yet.... haha.

Well the fridge ran for about 24 hours off the battery. i did start it twice in that time no worries. however after the 24 hours there was not enough life in the battery to start it.

solution: $60 jaycar solar panel (7watts). Charges the battery enough to run the fridge and recharge the battery throughout the day. so in theory with sunny days it should be able to run the fridge for days on end. Cant wait for christmas, give it a good run, oh and the fiesta too
Old 14-12-2012, 03:02 PM   #19
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well I've ordered the timing belt and tensioner kit, still not sure if I'll go ahead and diy or get a shop to do it, I'm still chasing prices on the drive belt, that looks like itll do many more km's yet so I may even reuse it if I don't find a good deal on one. Trade price on the belts are roughly 100 and 200. 200 being the drive belt (oddly)
Old 20-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #20
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Picked up the timing belt kit today, all original FOMOCO stamped parts. 112$ including the tensioner (nice solid bearings in it) and new bolts, must be the trade price I'd guess. Just waiting on the Haynes manual now. I'm going to ring Bursons tomorrow and see what kind of deal they have on an accessory drive belt, I'm not going to pay 200 for a non critical belt.