Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-11-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default bit of nasty weather......

brought the van home in the storm on monday.......blew me backwards a few times, heading straight into 90 kilometre per hour winds with 1850 kilos on the back, thunder that instantly turned my undies brown

lightning that made the night look like day, horizontal rain.....me back in second gear a lot of the times

25 - 28 ltrs per 100 kilometres made sure I knew where the next fuel station was

fun and games.......no damage though.....so how did you fellers fair

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2012, 11:29 AM   #2
davenl5l
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: bit of nasty weather......

geez that would have been a fun drive! no damage here just small blackouts stepsons mate lost a shed on the farm. thats all ive heard of im central y.p.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:53 PM   #3
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: bit of nasty weather......

Certainly was a good show.
I was body surfing 4ft waves at Hog Bay at Penneshaw on K.I. when the first claps of thunder sounded.
Looked Up to see some of the craziest cloud formations i've ever seen, needless to say i grabbed me towel and hightailed it back to the house just as the rain began to fall.

We had a blackout for a good 3 hours, went looking for something for tea but only the cafe was cooking and was packed out so baked beans was the go.

Sat overlooking the bay, watching the ferries come and go and the streak lightening hitting the water.
Not sure if it was lightning or a well timed white cap but one strike was followed by a large spray of white water a few hundred meters off the beach, looked very impressive.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: