Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 23-10-2012, 03:53 PM   #31
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: its time.....selling our much loved camper...but finding it very hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe
Bit harsh don't you think sunshine? Geez I thought I was negative.

Who knows what condition the poor bloke was in, no need to start pointing fingers.
Im a bit harsh, i didnt advertise my unneeded van and proceed to waste numerous peoples time in search of whom i thought deserved it.

Perhaps a decision before wasting a sick mans time might have been more appropriate.

I stick by my comments, this could quite easily have led to the mans sudden poor turn.
BENT_8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2012, 03:57 PM   #32
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: its time.....selling our much loved camper...but finding it very hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe
Bit harsh don't you think sunshine? Geez I thought I was negative.

Who knows what condition the poor bloke was in, no need to start pointing fingers.

I wasn't going to say anything but in the interests of decency I will state this

they live not far from here and the drive was not long, I warned them that I wasnt sure about selling before they left.....we had a cuppa and a good yak before and after they inspected the vehicle

he has had a cancerous condition for some time but was deemed to be in "remission"...I dont know if it is this nor do I know if the doctors know but it has upset my wife and I greatly

we have been in contact with the wife most of the night and this morning, it is unknown at this stage if it is related to previous ailments or if it is indeed a heart attack or something else

he barely made it through the night and is not expected to see today out....we are going down to town later to just keep company

as i said before they are good folks, I cant fathom what the wife would be going through

one minute so happy next her world is upside down.....

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2012, 06:00 PM   #33
davenl5l
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

don't listen to the negative people on here life is too short .hope the feller makes it but sadly sounds grim.on a lighter note recreation rooms make good harley parks.
Old 23-10-2012, 07:20 PM   #34
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf
I wasn't going to say anything but in the interests of decency I will state this

they live not far from here and the drive was not long, I warned them that I wasnt sure about selling before they left.....we had a cuppa and a good yak before and after they inspected the vehicle

he has had a cancerous condition for some time but was deemed to be in "remission"...I dont know if it is this nor do I know if the doctors know but it has upset my wife and I greatly

we have been in contact with the wife most of the night and this morning, it is unknown at this stage if it is related to previous ailments or if it is indeed a heart attack or something else

he barely made it through the night and is not expected to see today out....we are going down to town later to just keep company

as i said before they are good folks, I cant fathom what the wife would be going through

one minute so happy next her world is upside down.....
Touche Poppa! Damn fine answer! And done with respect - being the decent man you are.

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #35
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well at least I know now that I can let her go to someone else......still going to be weird after all these years

as for the "hole" I really don't know what I will do with it......

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
Old 24-10-2012, 11:08 AM   #36
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Don't worry about the hole in the shed, can be easily filled ;)
Old 24-10-2012, 11:14 AM   #37
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if she who must possess all shiny things gets her way it will contain all her embroidery and sewing machinery

then of course theres carpet flooring, extra power plugs, lining out with gyprock, better lighting and of course insulation.....one cant have madam sweating

maybe I need a "project" car after all.....where can I get one of them old style vehicles that need to be hand cranked with all the brass and leather showing with open sides....always wanted one of them

wonder what they'd be worth provided I could even find one

Old 25-10-2012, 04:11 PM   #38
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am now officially camperless.......our much loved and cherished camper has left the building without me

very strange seeing someone else drive her away after all this time

another lovely couple who will cherish and enjoy her as much as we did

Old 25-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #39
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

Poppa, I get rusted on to my rides too. Always have, always will. Many fond memories are just that, you still have them, and no-one can take them from you. Sentimentality has no value to anyone but yourself.

You have sold your camper to someone else who can make many memories of their own, and become sentimental about it too!

As a previous poster said: "share the love"

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2012, 11:13 AM   #40
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah! I know but hell it's weird.......she's only gone to live 7 miles out of town, already had a few phone calls from them asking me to explain a few "goodies" that I installed

but on the plus side we are now going through caravan designs and changing layouts

so i guess it's all part of the fun.....we got a good price for our camping gear and have been promised a good price for our caravan so changeover to the new caravan is bugger all

I now have a "new" noise rom the rear suspension of the Ford as well as a "clunk" when I take off on a gradient or after heavy braking so it will have to go in again for repair

I had a good look over it when I had it up on the hoist but couldn't see anything but something has let go somewhere

also had a look at a couple of bikes yesterday , didn't buy one, I got over them when I had to ride them to and from work years ago

ah! well, end of one era and onto the next I guess........