Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-10-2012, 12:58 AM   #31
robbyj
Rob

Default Re: Japanese Imports - Young Drivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by xisled
Not true for real drift car even one that only cost between 5 to 10k, most real drift cars will have racing seats, harness, roll cage, bigger brakes, better suspension etc, these cars are built to keep the driver alive if they hit a wall or another car on a track at high speed, so these cars should be safer.

But you are correct in saying the problem is a lightweight car that has 500hp and an idiot behind the wheel, no matter how old or young.

Problem comes when the owner builds the car for the street use only, puts the money into the motor not the safety of the car, this is not a drift car IMO.
Correct, i didnt mean proper full race spec cars actually used for drifting. The ones that the owner spent a bit of money on the motor, then it gets imported to do hekkaz drifts around local roads and industrial estates.

The more potential a car has, the more likely someone is going to use it. More power = more likely to kill.

This is not an import bashing thread either. If XR6T's were 5k, **** id be buying one! bang for back, and thats exactly what these imports are.
robbyj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2012, 02:01 AM   #32
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Default Re: Japanese Imports - Young Drivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova 8
Doesnt matter if you're 20 or 40 getting into a high power car for the first time in your life CAN be dangerous if you dont respect that power. How having restrictions really helps IDK, sure you could argue that young drivers can learn in less powerful cars (which can still kill you regardless) but then when they can get these powerful cars they jump into them and kill themselves anyway. People (of all ages) kill themselves in things as wet as a holden cruze or as quick as a FPV. If your an idiot the type of car wont help, I remember when i was in high school my mate with his VS SS was extremely responsible but there was a near fatal accident out front involving not 1, but 3 hyundai xcels trying to out drift each other.
Stuff the nanny state

Survival of the fittest I say
my_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post