Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-12-2005, 10:30 PM   #1
AU3FAIRMONT

Default touching up au front bar

ive got a a few underneath scratches on my au3 front bumper bar. i saw one time on a thread that if u give it a light sand underneath and use a bit of touch up paint on the required area it comes up like new. anyone heard this?

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2005, 09:34 AM   #2
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

good thread ... I have some scratches/gouges from the previous owner on the underside of the front bar.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2005, 09:36 AM   #3
Rob
Living the dream

I did that to my old VP commo, it was metallic green. Used a bit of wet n dry, then sprayed. Came up alright considering it was just cheapo spray stuff from autobarn. Never had the glossy finish that the rest of the car did, but for an area rarely seen, it didnt matter. Give it a bit of cut n polish afterwards to enhance it, should come out alright.
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2005, 10:29 AM   #4
The Monty
Just slidin'

I hit a bat (not the wooden type) and took a big chunk of paint off. I got some touch up paint suited up, cost about $18 from autobahn, for a little tin, a small paint brush, and some 2000 grit sandpaper. All up it cost me $20.20. I think the sandpaper was too fine, so you are better off getting not so fine stuff. Sanded it back, past the primer, painted it on, really light sand on the edges, and clear coated over the top. Comes up nice, althogh no new looking, you dont really notice it if you didnt know it was there. Its a bout the sixe of a 50 cent peice and doesnt stand out at all. Hope this info is some help for you.