Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 05-07-2012, 07:19 PM   #1
heaps79
Starter Motor

Default Any owners of Mondeo Titanium - query

Hi
I am an owner of a 2011 Mondeo Titanium hatch. I took it back to the dealer because when I opened my boot you could see the roof liner wasnt clipped under the black seal and the liner was sagging out. So they ordered me a new roof liner and refitted it.
After a couple of weeks I noticed when looking outside into the car through the front windscreen, I could see the front of the roof liner - it wasnt clipped into place as such.
I took it to a different Ford dealer and they said that it didnt look like they had done the job properly. So I called the original dealer and spoke to the manager and he said yep we will order another one (didnt want to look at it or anything).

So yesterday was the day to have the roof liner refitted and they had the car for 2 days and I go and pick it up today and they said - Well this is the way it is, on the Mondeo the front does not clip into anything it just sits there.

So arrghh why didnt the manager say this originally to me after I complained about the job. And why did they bother doing the job again if they new it was going to be the same way again.

So I was wondering if you are a titanium owner, does yours look like that ?

heaps79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2012, 09:22 PM   #2
medievil
Starter Motor

Default Re: Any owners of Mondeo Titanium - query

Hey, I have a built sep 2011 titanium wagon and I thought where the roof lining met the windscreen was unfinished or missing a cover as well.

I returned to dealer 3 days after picking it up to complain and went over to predelivery section and looked through a wagon and sedan and they are all the same.

Seems that it is way it is unfortunately.

Cheers
Nayth
medievil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2012, 08:16 AM   #3
stuart

I have no problems with mine but I will check it out tomorrow to make sure. Sounds like your dealers haven't been trained properly to adjust it. Why not try another dealer.
Can you post a photo to show the problem?
MA TDCi Mondeo sedan
AU Fairmont sedan
EL Futura sedan
EF Futura wagon
XD 4 Ltr sedan
stuart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2012, 09:11 AM   #4
whitelion65
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart
I have no problems with mine but I will check it out tomorrow to make sure. Sounds like your dealers haven't been trained properly to adjust it. Why not try another dealer.
Can you post a photo to show the problem?
Ditto

Steve
whitelion65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #5
Dusty1
Giddy up!

There is a Euro site Talkford.com which is a great resource for these cars. Someone over there might have a solution.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2012, 09:36 PM   #6
rxj

Hi,

Here are some photos from my Mondeo Titanium

It appears not to very well finished off.

Cheers,

rxj.
rxj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2012, 11:24 PM   #7
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah the unfinished headliner is not just limited to the Titanium spec, it is accross the range. Bit of a shame really. However the idea of the black shadowline / dots on the windscreen should hide the un-finished look from prying eyes!!!
Old 07-07-2012, 05:39 AM   #8
stuart

Evening all, I am in Germany and checked out my wagon - finish is the same. It is a bit surprising but that seems to be the way it is.

I suppose it is not normal to sit back the front on the front seats and stick you head up near the windscreen so nothing to worry about unless it is sagging or other.
MA TDCi Mondeo sedan
AU Fairmont sedan
EL Futura sedan
EF Futura wagon
XD 4 Ltr sedan
stuart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2012, 02:49 PM   #9
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

I know in my old LS Focus you could look through the windscreen and see that the roof liner was "unfinished" as above, interesting to see just how much its carried across models.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post