Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 17-05-2012, 08:28 PM   #31
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: The Deep Web - Hidden Wiki

Sorry...downloaded Firefox and the other program, used it to search the web...and still came up with the same stuff you see on any browser. Nothing controversial that I could see, nothing weird, nothing hidden and spooky.

That sort of stuff seems to be extremely hard to find...no idea how hackers and some others seem to find it so easy to do all that sort of stuff. It's certainly not something even someone who's relatively competent around a computer finds easy to access...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #32
HLC
Audi S3

Temptation is high to go looking at this deep web business... But I know I shouldn't.
Old 18-05-2012, 03:47 AM   #33
FG_Frodza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E
Sorry...downloaded Firefox and the other program, used it to search the web...and still came up with the same stuff you see on any browser. Nothing controversial that I could see, nothing weird, nothing hidden and spooky.

That sort of stuff seems to be extremely hard to find...no idea how hackers and some others seem to find it so easy to do all that sort of stuff. It's certainly not something even someone who's relatively competent around a computer finds easy to access...
Download TOR, run it, use the TOR browser to log on and Google a Hidden Wiki link, enjoy.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4150126
FG_Frodza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #34
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

My brother had a sniff around in the deep web. He never ever wants to go back there. And he's not a sook or anything like that. His advice is unless you're a criminal then you have no reason to be poking around in that place.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2012, 06:31 PM   #35
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

The curiosity is getting to me, but I think i'll stay away.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2012, 07:17 PM   #36
FG_Frodza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I might take some screenshots next time I go on there, might ease some curiosity.
Old 18-05-2012, 08:21 PM   #37
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There's enough crap on the 'normal' web as it is so as if you'd go on this looking for it. I'm not even the slightly curious in this respect.

What it is supposedly meant to be all anonymity (onion routing) I'd easily say without any fact or basis for comparison at all is that almost all if not most of the traffic is to make tracing illegal activities that bit harder.

I find plenty enough interesting stuff on the 'normal' web to keep me interested without damaging me for life.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2012, 11:25 PM   #38
GUTLES
Adam.

I'm suprised this thread is still open. Certainly not somewhere I'd like to go by the sounds of it.

2007 BF Mk2 Winter White E-Gas Wagon, 6 Seater.

2002 AU3 XR6, Liquid Silver, Manual, Sunroof, LPG, Rebel Kit, BA GTP's, Momo Steering Wheel & Gear Knob.
GUTLES is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2012, 11:56 PM   #39
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

Certainly sounds interesting, not the content but the fact its right there a few clicks away and yet I knew nothing about it.
Im not keen on taking a peek but can someone fill in a few blanks?
How are guys coming across the disgusting stuff? What I mean is, is it like a giant forum with links or are people typing in specific addresses? I understand it does not use the same internet workings as our every day google but if its not a clean and easy to use system how are people finding the **** that they are looking for?
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2012, 12:57 AM   #40
FG_Frodza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancidpunx
Certainly sounds interesting, not the content but the fact its right there a few clicks away and yet I knew nothing about it.
Im not keen on taking a peek but can someone fill in a few blanks?
How are guys coming across the disgusting stuff? What I mean is, is it like a giant forum with links or are people typing in specific addresses? I understand it does not use the same internet workings as our every day google but if its not a clean and easy to use system how are people finding the **** that they are looking for?
The Hidden Wiki is like a directory for the hidden internet, its full of links, but most are in other languages so sometime you dont know what you are going to see...

I can handle the pictures and video, that not what I find the most ****ed up, what is seriously ****ed up is that someone is there not disgusted by these pictures and videos (and stories for that matter), but rather turned on by it, which to me is on a whole new level of ****ed up.
Old 19-05-2012, 01:21 AM   #41
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had a look. Didn't think the content was any worse than what is around on the normal web. It's just that there is not much "normal" stuff in between the strange stuff. If you want to look at this kind of thing, just use google.

If people just want to look at gross stuff to shock themselves but don't want the hassle of townloading tor (or are scared) just have a look at rotten.com or similar sites

(pretty yuk but)
Shonky. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post