Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-04-2012, 07:55 AM   #31
XRDeeze
UTRIED

Default Re: Performance cars stolen during Perth home invasions

nice one

Townsville Drag 1/10/11 PB: 15.34 @ 91.09 mph
XRDeeze is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2012, 09:52 AM   #32
fonfe
RS shop's technician

A hidden fuel pump cut off switch will go a long way for the small effort required in theses cases. Doesn't take much at all and you will probably wake up from hearing our car being cranked over.
Or if you have no airbag fitted to the car (aftermarket wheel) get a snap off boss, have one on each of my cars
fonfe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2012, 11:40 PM   #33
xr gr8
Winter White Weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05_ENFORCER
Get a big dog, it's well worth the dog food

I don't know too many tough guys that would hang around with a snarling drooling Rottwieler X on their ****.
Great minds think alike!.....see avatar....magnificent home security system right there, 24/7 365 always switched on, no need for battery backup, requires no more than a nice home cooked meal and fresh water, loyalty and courage only humans can dream about...a true "Warrior Princess"
xr gr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2012, 11:48 PM   #34
05_ENFORCER

NICE mutt!

You cannot get any better security guards IMO, not afraid of anything.

(My ***** "female" has an attitude but the young fella has the "i'm watchin you and if I don't like you I'm gonna bite you look")

Very loyal and cheap insurance with a lifetime no claim bonus
Old 24-04-2012, 11:57 PM   #35
Sprint347
Tickford

A friend of a friend's GT 335 was stolen in Perth last week.

Last month my parent's place was broken into and they took the XR5, thankfully the Super Pursuit and EL GT were untouched.
SZ Territory TS RWD TDCi
Sprint347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2012, 12:03 AM   #36
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

I don't own a 'nice' car at the moment but having had 'nice' bikes over the years (including a couple that got pinched) my lessons from that were as follows:

1) Don't advertise what you've got. Loose lips sink ships

2) Don't leave it parked in view of the street

3) Don't take the most direct route home if you don't need to. Gives you some time and space to suss out any "friends" that may be tagging along, and

4) Security. Chain/dog/alarm/whatever, use it.

That said this culture of home invasions in Perth is bloody scary and I wonder what has to happen before it will end - if it will end. Is this the sort of city I want my kids growing up in? Not likely.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2012, 12:23 AM   #37
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xisled
I leave my GT parked out in the street every night. I live western Subs of Melb.

I pay my insurance so if the car goes, I am not to worried.

The reason why HSV/FPV/WRX and such go missing is for parts. Panel beaters (only a small few) will be involved in this. Most will take a tow truck and just take the car. They will do this because they can make huge profits in using stolen parts. Charge insurance company for a new part, but use the stolen cars part on an insurance car.
For example. Brand new BA GT front bar from Ford around $4000. (got a price from Ford for one about 2 weeks ago).

Repairers use a stolen bar, insurance pay out $4000 for the front bar.
Pretty sure they all have DataDots these days. I wonder if they bother trying to remove them since it would add extra cost even though they'd still make a lot of money.

Anyways my WRX is safely parked in the backyard out of view and therefore unlikely that this sort of thing would happen from opportunistic types so I'm not too worried about it being stolen.

Some people don't really have the option of off street parking though which sucks for them.
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2012, 01:10 AM   #38
05_ENFORCER

Data Dots are not worth bugger all, just ask a decent panel beater

Old 25-04-2012, 01:14 AM   #39
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

My old insurance company had a clause in the policy stating that if the insured car was parked on the street, outside the nominated garaged address overnight, they would not cover it for theft.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2012, 08:29 AM   #40
Reaper8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

was a home invasion here alittle bit ago bloke was bashed and his dog was stabbed in the neck had to be put down, a different place bloke bashed and two dogs beat with bats same result. I have two dogs in my yard but the glock will come out if someone this attemps my place, a couple of camera's are also a good idea
Reaper8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2012, 01:11 PM   #41
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Glad I don't live where you guys live ..
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2012, 01:41 PM   #42
GhiaEB
2004 TX Territory

Not a perfomance car (well could be if an EVO), but yet another home invasion where they take the car!

Quote:
Masked men steal car in home invasion

Rhianna King
April 25, 2012 - 9:14AM

Police are hunting for two men who forced their way into a Como home this morning before threatening the occupant and stealing his car.

The offenders, wearing balaclavas, entered the Henley Street home at about 6am.

They threatened the 58-year-old homeowner and stole several items from his property, before fleeing in his red Mitsubishi Lancer, with the registration 1DSR 406.

Advertisement: Story continues below

Anyone who sees the car is asked to contact police.

In a separate incident, a 53-year-old Warnbro woman was attacked by two men as she walked along Warnbro Sound Avenue at 6.30pm last night.

The men dragged her to the ground as they attempted to steal her bag, before kicking her as she lay on the ground.

The pair, who were both dressed in dark clothing, then fled without the woman's bag.

The victim was taken to Rockingham Hospital for treatment.

Read more: http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/ma...#ixzz1t13cU7Ea

Now a AWD TX Territory Daily
P6 Silver Monarch Weekender

And on 2 Wheels,
ZZR 250

Can do mixer shaft replacement on BA-BF Falcon and SX-SY, fix your heater Today. PM For more details

For sale: Heaps of Territory bits and bobs including front brembo doglegs, NOS I-design territory body kit painted offshore, also FPV 290 engine bits. FS thread here http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11397826 Pm for more details.
GhiaEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2012, 01:56 PM   #43
GhiaEB
2004 TX Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonfe
A hidden fuel pump cut off switch will go a long way for the small effort required in theses cases. Doesn't take much at all and you will probably wake up from hearing our car being cranked over.
Or if you have no airbag fitted to the car (aftermarket wheel) get a snap off boss, have one on each of my cars
Sadly when they are in your house already, I think you would already be awake. Most of these home invasions are violent, often with the victim ending up in hospital.

The last thing you want is for them to come back inside to "ask" how do they start your car.

Cheers

Now a AWD TX Territory Daily
P6 Silver Monarch Weekender

And on 2 Wheels,
ZZR 250

Can do mixer shaft replacement on BA-BF Falcon and SX-SY, fix your heater Today. PM For more details

For sale: Heaps of Territory bits and bobs including front brembo doglegs, NOS I-design territory body kit painted offshore, also FPV 290 engine bits. FS thread here http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11397826 Pm for more details.
GhiaEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2012, 03:41 PM   #44
Bundy2
Starter Motor

It's sad
Bundy2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2012, 04:14 PM   #45
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Don't forget it almost happened to one of our members a couple of months ago.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...=home+invasion
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post