Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-02-2012, 09:20 PM   #19
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 
Default Re: Has anyone noticed how much editing???

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin
Because records from that time are so comprehensive The fact you'd even use it as an example shows a severe lack of thought on the subject.
Even if that was true, which you can in no way verify; factors other than video games/TV would be far greater. The fact that a semi-automatic bows and arrow never existed, the far less density of people at the time (which I think you'll find has a much greater influence on violence than just about anything - a town of 5000 people doesnt have 1% of the violence of a city of 500000 ), and the fact that people were unlikey to be bulling their peers over such trivial matters as the colour of their shirt, or the size of their nose etc.

However there are plenty of recorded cases of tribes wiping out each other, prior to tv/games, hell they are still doing it in Africa. And I dont think they are watching episodes of Dexter or playing Grand Theft Auto prior to going on a rampage.

And now your comparing it to the dangers of smoking? A habit where atleast 50% of people are permanently effected by? Are you serious? TV and video games might permanently effect .0001% of people....
You are correct in one thing - there are a lot of factors behind violent behaviours other than just television, or just video games.

That being said - NOWHERE have I claimed that tv, or video games were responsible for each and every act of violence.

Rather than jumping to extremist conclusions(or going any further with the personal attacks / insults) - do us all a favour, & check to see if there is any substance behind what I have posted.

Ther evidence of a link between media violence, and violence in society isn't that hard to find, if you wish to look...
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post