Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-02-2012, 11:42 PM   #1
fat4D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Health insurance; what do you have? (Mainly interested in dental)

Hey all,

So I have decided I refuse to pay the levy for not having private health insurance again this year. I don't want any flashy cover as I'm 22 years, fit, and very healthy. The main things I would be interested in is dental that will cover crowns/veneers.

Just curious what other people my age have, if you don't mind sharing what you pay? Feel free to pm me.

Also, the second concern I have is a that many of the basic covers have different $ figures of covers for things like crowns/veneers. What is the real world cost for one of these? I understand this is a how-long-is-a-piece-of-string question due to a number of factors, not to mention the prices of different dentists, but I would appreciate a basic guide of how much cover would be needed based on a guide of what they are worth. I tried google but it wasn't my friend, and all the prices I came up with were on Amerian forums.

Thanks in advance for all advice/suggestions.

Last edited by fat4D; 14-02-2012 at 11:52 PM.
fat4D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2012, 09:05 AM   #2
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 
Default Re: Health insurance; what do you have? (Mainly interested in dental)

There is a thread on Health Insurance in Advice Central.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11355019

That may answer some of your questions.

Cheers
Col
Old 16-02-2012, 05:28 AM   #3
z80
Banned

Default Re: Health insurance; what do you have? (Mainly interested in dental)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat4D
Hey all,

So I have decided I refuse to pay the levy for not having private health insurance again this year. I don't want any flashy cover as I'm 22 years, fit, and very healthy. The main things I would be interested in is dental that will cover crowns/veneers.

Just curious what other people my age have, if you don't mind sharing what you pay? Feel free to pm me.

Also, the second concern I have is a that many of the basic covers have different $ figures of covers for things like crowns/veneers. What is the real world cost for one of these? I understand this is a how-long-is-a-piece-of-string question due to a number of factors, not to mention the prices of different dentists, but I would appreciate a basic guide of how much cover would be needed based on a guide of what they are worth. I tried google but it wasn't my friend, and all the prices I came up with were on Amerian forums.

Thanks in advance for all advice/suggestions.

Don't get your hopes up about getting any decent cover for expensive dental work.

We get about 25% back for crowns etc and have had Medibank private for 25 years.

Sounds a clique, but put the money in the bank instead and you will be far ahead than taking out health insurance.

They make billions in profit for a reason.
z80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post