Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 12-02-2012, 05:54 PM   #1
babyf6
Young Ford Enthusiast

Question Disk cleaning ps2

What is the best way to clean a ps2 disc? My v8 supercars 3 disc has gotten to the point where it is lightly scratched and cannot see muchof my reflection in the disc

babyf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2012, 06:07 PM   #2
XR6TOY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Disk cleaning ps2

Mmmm......you can try your local video store, they have a disc cleaning machine, they may be able to help, they charge around $6. Or you may have to use it as a frisbee & get a new version off ebay or somewhere.
2008 FG XR6T in Silhouette. T2 Slotted Rotors, 19" Vertini Drift Rims, King Springs - sssl Rear & ssl Front, Earls Oil Line Filter, Aeroflow Overflow Tank, Intune Intercooler Piping Kit, Plazmaman Throttle Bottle Elbow, Turbosmart BOV, Turbosmart Actuator, Process West Stage 1 Intercooler, PAC Racing Valve Springs, Atomic Billet Oil Pump Gears, Pacemaker Quad Exhaust, Herrod CAI, 4inch Muffler Delete, XR8 Bonnet,More to come.....
XR6TOY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2012, 01:14 PM   #3
kingsley1972

Toothpaste.
It must be the white stuff gell will not do it.
Put a tiny amount on a soft cloth i use a mens hanky. Then rub on the cd from the center out in STRAIGHT LINES do not rub in circles you will be making fine scratches in straight lines. when you think its done just rinse in warm water and pat dry.
It works for any cd dvd bluray.
kingsley1972 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2012, 09:47 AM   #4
prasac
Banned

if it plays leave it, if it starts to skip/jump a little throw it in the freezer for an hour. this also works with dvd's/cd's. sounds weird but more often than not it works.

if a blu-ray is skipping jumping put it under hot water (not too hot) for 30-secs then wipe water off lightly.
prasac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2012, 10:02 AM   #5
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If it is stuffed, ebay has heaps of this game for PS2
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2012, 10:12 AM   #6
350125GO
67 Galaxie Hardtop

Toothpaste works wonders.
350125GO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2012, 10:16 AM   #7
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasac
if it plays leave it, if it starts to skip/jump a little throw it in the freezer for an hour. this also works with dvd's/cd's. sounds weird but more often than not it works.

if a blu-ray is skipping jumping put it under hot water (not too hot) for 30-secs then wipe water off lightly.
I to agree with the freezer Idea.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2012, 05:50 PM   #8
sbcb
BA Xr8

Any scratched PS2 disc's I've had I've been able to revive them using the car cleaning products. Same approach as a scratched clear coat on the cars paint. Meg's Fine Cut Cleaner, Meg's Scratch Swirl remover then wipe with glass cleaner and away they go.
My Ford List - AU1 Futura, AU1 Cobra XR8, EB Gli Project Car, AU2 XR8 200kw, AU1 Fairmont Ghia VCT, AU1 V8 Tickford Fairmont Ghia, BF Xr6 6spd ZF, BA MkII XR8, AU3 Fairmont, SX Territory, AU3 Xr8 220kw, BA Xr8.
sbcb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2012, 08:28 PM   #9
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasac
if it plays leave it, if it starts to skip/jump a little throw it in the freezer for an hour.
Off topic, but I do this to the video card in my computer when it spacks out.
Works a treat, much to the horro of my computer minded friends!

Ed
Old 15-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #10
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 

As above - if you have any abrasive auto polishes, use them.