Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 29-12-2011, 04:38 PM   #1
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 
Default Fairmont Ghia leather into Futura

Just a quickie...

May be able to get my hands on a Fairmont Ghia leather interior in OK condition, a few worn spots but I'm not too worried about that.

The main thing is that the drivers seat is electric - does my Futura have the right set up for it (ie plug and play), or is it more complex?

Dave

Old 30-12-2011, 10:10 AM   #2
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 
Default Re: Fairmont Ghia leather into Futura

Anybody have any ideas?
Old 30-12-2011, 10:35 AM   #3
rmack

I don’t know, but even if the answer is NO it should be easy to get working.

Looking at the technical drawings it only requires 12Volt for the standard Electric model.
http://fordforums.com.au/wsm/wire/aubx/Part%2024-4.html
7" DVD/GPS Radio
19" Wheels

HIS
FG XR8 Ute
Lux Pack
Tech Pack
Touch Screen GPS
rmack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2011, 10:47 AM   #4
baxtc1

May be an issue with side airbags, do both seats, Futura/fairmont Ghia have them? Also reading on Fordmods about the seat memory function, I think you will need an extra wiring loom for that and that it is also connected to the mirror memory. But the easy way to avoid all that would be to use your existing seat rails.
Sorry, my mistake, didn't realise I was in the AU section.
baxtc1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2011, 01:18 PM   #5
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I would say no. Each time I have looked at adding electric anything to my standard AUII the wiring loom is different. e.g. power windows for rear doors.

From memory isn't the motor attached under the seat?
UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2011, 02:57 PM   #6
rmack

Just looked at the wife’s AUII Ghia.

All motors are attached under the seat and seem to be a self contained system. There are 2 sets of cables 1 goes to the seat belt and the other to the seat itself (+12V and Gnd)

These are the basic 6way electric seats with no memory. (Manual Recline)
7" DVD/GPS Radio
19" Wheels

HIS
FG XR8 Ute
Lux Pack
Tech Pack
Touch Screen GPS
rmack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post