Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-12-2011, 10:03 AM   #1
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 
Default Garage Door Supply & Install (Eildon, VIC)

Thought I would post this in here in case we have a member that does this kind of thing. Need to get a garage door supplied and fitted to our place up near Eildon. Can provide overnight accommodation etc.
PM me if you are in the game.

Old 13-12-2011, 02:12 AM   #2
SPArKy_Dave
Too many Fords........ :)

Default Re: Garage Door Supply & Install (Eildon, VIC)

What sort of garage door?

97 EL V8 wagon - cool cruiser, or street bruiser? CLICKY
93 XG panel van - at your door in 60 secs, or the first hr is FREE........ yep, that's the goal.
95 XG ute - awaiting a head gasket...... grrrrr.

74 XB GS pano..... factory optioned with all the good stuff..... not much there now. ........long term resto.
XB Coupe and Van TV Ad
you know........ there's a little bit of Bathurst in every Ford Falcon.... think about it
SPArKy_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2011, 09:01 AM   #3
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

I work for a large shed company...if you get hard up I can put you in contact with the outlet in Albury or Ballarat...they would be able to help you at least with a supplier.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2011, 09:33 AM   #4
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Ta guys, waiting on first quote to come back. Not sure what sort of door, but it would be big, nice looking and open and shut :-) Opening is probably too big for one door so it looks might have to have two.
Old 13-12-2011, 02:37 PM   #5
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

How big is the opening mate? I have some suppliers lists handy listing most sizes...

Think Metroll is the main supplier.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Old 13-12-2011, 02:41 PM   #6
mcnews
Trev

6.2 metres wide x 3.1 metres high. Thus I reckon I will need to have two with a support put between them. On reflection I will probably need a builder to do the whole thing as it is going to be far from simple.
Old 13-12-2011, 02:49 PM   #7
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

I have one up to 5m wide x 2.7m high. Pretty sure the supplier is Metroll.

If it’s 6.1 opening, I wouldn’t be going any wider than 2.8m for the doors. This is because you need to take into account the roller door mullions. Either side of each opening.

The 5m wide seems like a viable option…this will leave you with 600 clearance either side of the opening and eliminates the need for a centre mullion.

Also I would recommend the use of a builder...

Is it for a shed/garage?

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex

Old 13-12-2011, 02:55 PM   #8
mcnews
Trev

Carport next to / below house. Already has roof and enclosed on rear and one side, want to enclose the other side and the front. Had one local builder come out to measure up yesterday, and another today. Shudder to thing what their abacus will come back with...
Old 13-12-2011, 06:30 PM   #9
Cúl-Báire

PM me your details and I will pass them on.
Cúl-Báire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2011, 08:53 PM   #10
BTTB
Free XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cúl-Báire
PM me your details and I will pass them on.
same here ... neighbour across the road does them
BTTB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post