Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 08-09-2011, 03:23 PM   #1
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 
Default 2011 Focus wanted

Hey Guys,

I have been trying to sort out a flash tune to apply to my Zetec but at this stage due to it having a later ECU the normal tunes available are not compatible. Matt at Bullet Performance Racing informed me that he is yet to get hold of a 2011 model to plug into his equipment and see if he can get a reading from it. I was wondering if there was anyone in the area (Geelong VIC) who owns a 2011 model Focus with a 2.0 petrol engine if they would consider dropping in and seeing Matt so he could try to read your car in the interest of tuning. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2011, 09:38 PM   #2
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 
Default Re: 2011 Focus wanted

Update on the situation with the Focus tune. I just had a Rep (Steve) for Superchips come to my home and try to do a read on the car and unfortunately was unable to get the information needed to sort out a tune for the car. He was able to send the read data log files that he got while trying, back to Superchips in the UK and they have managed to at least identify the ECU as being Fords own ( I didn't get the name of it) but apparently it's an older styled ECU with upgraded software. Steve spoke with a guy at Superchips in the UK by phone and was told that he considered the gear he was using should be able to read it but after several attempts still had no luck. My heart nearly stopped when the car didn't want to go after he disconnected his scanner and hit the starter, but fortunately a quick switch off and back on of the ignition and she started OK. It also threw the engine light on which wouldn't go off until we ran a check for codes and cleared a Throttle body error code that it had thrown for some reason. Anyway all is hopefully OK now and all the data and errors that were logged while trying to communicate with the ECU have been sent back to Superchips for further diagnosis. Superchips UK had apparently recently encountered the same issue with another of these ECU's and are working on a fix for the data reading problem, once they get around the software issue it is hoped they can sort out a tune in the not too distant future.

Not sure if Steve comes onto the AFF or not but many thanks for trying and hopefully a fix will be found soon.

Last edited by Russ; 22-09-2011 at 09:47 PM.
Old 23-09-2011, 06:18 PM   #3
ConradP

So is it currently not possible to get a proper tune on this focus yet? I was hoping to start hunting around for one soonish.
Old 23-09-2011, 08:05 PM   #4
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm not sure about your's mate (mine is build date 02/2011 and may be a different ECU ) all you can do is try and get one of the tuners to see if they can get a read from your ECU, if they can then you should be able get something done. If they continue to get errors and are unable to read it then you no doubt will have the same ECU as mine. I'm hopeful that they will come up with a tune to suit it but I would prefer something like Bluefin where I can remove and then reinstall the tune when services are due especially whilst it's still under warranty. One thing Steve (Superchips Rep.) did say, was that he wasn't keen on messing with these particular ECU's because not enough is yet known about the software being used or how it may react if you start trying to add a tune :( Hopefully the little bit of info he managed to get from mine will help Superchips UK to find an answer