Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 08:29 PM   #31
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Abandened AU on my property.

Put an add in the paper to say if its not removed in 7days it will be towed away. Take the plates off it and get the council to tow it away.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 08-07-2011, 08:41 PM   #32
Day-mow
rexnet

do a vin check. see who its registered to and then lurk the name on facebook/myspace/twitter/tumblr/google and tell them to move their car...

(yes i need to get out more)

Remember it is the internet,So beware of trolls, If you argue with trolls the kids will laugh at you

Follow me on twitter @ Day_mow
Old 08-07-2011, 09:32 PM   #33
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
Put an add in the paper to say if its not removed in 7days it will be towed away. Take the plates off it and get the council to tow it away.
Exactly this.
Regardless of if its your property or not, you have no legal right to touch it.
If you move it, you could be charged with theft.
If you damage anything on it - it will come back on you.
There is a right way to get things done and listening to some Police Officer saying you can do what you want, isnt the right way.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:06 PM   #34
hendoau99
app diesel mechanic

well, does it have a towbar on it? if so, you could just get a mate/family member with a 4WD and a snatch strap and literally tow it yourself to council property. i guess no one has claimed it and the cops arent fussed on it, so just break a window, put it in neutral, handbrake off and away you go. but if you dont want to break a window, and the door is locked, your in a bit of a pickle.

sorry davway for completely disregarding your post, no disrespect meant, just if i had a vehicle blocking me in and bugging me, thats what i'd do to get rid of it.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:25 AM   #35
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Go jacks combined with a tow vehicle = no damaged vehicle and 1 vehicle on council property out of your hair.

ie. Use the go jacks to jack up the car and the tow vehicle to move the car onto the road way. Yes, it might be a slow process, but the car won't be damaged and it'll be off your property.

Win win situation.

Oh and you don't need a LSD equipped car to move another.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
Old 09-07-2011, 01:29 AM   #36
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As Davway said touching it at all without going through the correct legal process can land you in court on serious charges. Just moving it can have you charged with illgal use of a motor vehicle ( car theft ) the method of moving or distance moved has no bearing on this.
if there is any fault or damage to the car the owner can also say your moving it caused the damage and hit you for repairs. forget the AFF armchair lawyers, get real legal advice if you are unable to contact the owner.
I don't know about Vic but in NSW all courts have a chamber magistrate who gives free legal advice.
nobody should be seeking or giving out information on how to circumvent the inbuilt security of any vehicle and I think you will find Admin will take a very dim view of anyone doing so.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
Old 09-07-2011, 02:14 AM   #37
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I think you have enough good and bad advice I would take what au3xr6, and Davaway have said on board and get some more legal advice

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Closed Thread