Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-04-2011, 09:39 AM   #61
vibe_xr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: whats your hangover remedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selwonk
go down to your local hardware and ask for a bag of cement and a spoon and harden up
considering i work somedays with a concreter
Old 14-04-2011, 10:05 AM   #62
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibe_xr6
hypoglycaemic, thats interesting because i get really cranky if i dont eat, most people try and force feed me, also most of the time i drink bundy unless im around the mrs, so maybe it is the sugar content? i might have to give them bundy "bares" a hard time the saturday, its weird though cause i can drink heaps, and stay pretty cut, and not get legless or anything stupid like that... so it really feels like im not drunk cause i can walk straight etc. That panadol remedy, god i always been told not to touch panadol as your liver has worked enough, and the lining in your stomach wont appreciate it.
Get onto some cold and flus....the ones you gotta get over the counter and show ID for. Haha, smash a couple of night time ones then hit the turps. Only need a couple of drinks usually!

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2011, 10:27 AM   #63
Deco28

Become better at converting acetyl aldehyde to acetate... Pretty simple really, just find some-one good at it and steal their liver.

But yeh for me, WATER.
Deco28 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2011, 10:29 AM   #64
shedcoupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some trivia re bundy - in north-western Qld the drink of choice was rum , and getting blotto was known as getting 'blind', because too much rum for too long was apparently considered to cause blindness.
Guy I knew once had a dad who was the distiller at Beenleigh had some bottles of very OP rum and a glass full of that stuff would knock down an elephant. What's the point other than making it easier to transport enough for a punch bowl ? And NW Qld is still known as a gentle place where men really do care about the latest trends in curtain fabrics ......
shedcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2011, 10:33 AM   #65
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

I drink 2 pints of water and pop 2 panadol/nurafen before going to sleep. Seems to work for me. As some else said though, Beers that are full of preservatives will make it all worse. Stella is the worst I find.
Make sure you have some food in you at some point as well and try to sleep comfortably.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2011, 10:49 AM   #66
Cheese3
The BEST Falcon is the AU

im sorry guys, none of the above mention works! if you wake up with a hangover all you have to do is!

crack another stubby, you cant get a hangover if your still p!$$ed

Cheese3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2011, 10:59 AM   #67
vibe_xr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol, i used to wake up early, stay up for 2 hours then go back to bed, but when i woke up the second time, i would feel even worse, i cant wait to try some of these cures, if they fix my hangovers, yous are champs!!
Old 14-04-2011, 07:14 PM   #68
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

All I do is drink at some water between beers. Been doing it for 6-7 years now and no hangover. I wish I'd started doing it 30 years ago!!!
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2011, 11:02 PM   #69
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

I have found this week that having to go to work the day after a big night has gotten rid of the hangover pretty quickly when you realise you need to concentrate on the set task at hand!!! Still feel tired but soon gets rid of the rest of the sketchyness.

Have done it twice this week, Sunday and today. I think I'll lay off the booze for a while now!

Lots of water tends to help me though. I will always fill myself up with as much water as humanly possible before passing out. Just to stop dehydration setting in too hard.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2011, 01:24 PM   #70
03 GHIA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

More and more water. Before going to sleep after a big night have 2 glasses of water.
If I've had a big night I end up waking up a couple of times during the night, drink another glass of water and go back to sleep.
Don't tend to get hangovers if I have plenty of water.

Previous
White 2003 Fairmont Ghia

First- RIP.
White 1990 Ford Fairmont
Exhaust, intake, cam & lowered.
03 GHIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2011, 02:49 PM   #71
vibe_xr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

went out last night, finished the night off with 2 bottles of water, woke up the smorning feeling great, have a mad breakfeast, 2 hours later it hit me, went and got a vitamin water, washed my car etc, im feeling ok now, but tonight is gunna push me
Old 15-04-2011, 05:05 PM   #72
shedcoupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The old "I feel as right as rain" in the morning can be very deceptive in 0.05 terms once the metabolism speeds up. Be very ware.
Certain herbal preparations can have a similar syndrome as well.
shedcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2011, 04:27 PM   #73
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hair of the dog that bit you!

Getting straight on the booze again will cure it, something nice and sugary helps too (JD + coke, etc). As long as you dont go overboard its will be alright.

Avoid Hangovers, Stay Drunk!

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2011, 04:51 PM   #74
Falcon_Crazy
PX3 WildTrak & RTV

If i remember when i get home, a big glass of V8 Juice does wonders - sleep helps and a nice big breaky - bacon, eggs, toast with butter, craced pepepr and salt plus two grilled tomatoes.

If i have a big night on my home brew normally okay - commercial beers kill me (as does Bundy and coke - so now i have bundy and ice/water). Coopers hangover is less. Eating a meal or nibblies helps...right wheres that beer -
BA Falcon RTV - Project Ute 265,000km
Sold PXII Ranger XLT Cool White. 105,000
Sold PX Ranger XLT in cool white, 151,700km on clock.
Sold FGII XR6T Ute LTD Edition in Kinetic.
Sold FG XR6 Ute
Sold BA Falcon RTV. 251,300km.Was a great mate for last 7 years

Sold AUII XLS Ute
Sold '85 XF & Crashed 84 XF
Falcon_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2011, 04:55 PM   #75
earlybirds
driven rarely ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_Crazy
If i have a big night on my home brew normally okay - commercial beers kill me