Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-02-2011, 02:25 AM   #31
creative
I am Batman

im also insured through shannons.

Usually deal with michael. Been toying with changing the ute and the quotes I have been getting is sooo much lower than anyone else. They listened to my car history, driving experience etc and provided my cover straight away.

I got a quote on an f6 typhoon today. Shannons = $1700FC. just for fun I tried NRMA = $4679... I laughed at the poor guy there!
creative is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2011, 03:09 AM   #32
mrwg1975
Starter Motor

XAGSV8 and Creative ,

Thanks for the input . That's excellent to hear .
mrwg1975 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2011, 08:41 AM   #33
hawke
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Shannons Performance

I had my Formula Ford and trailer stolen a couple of years ago. Shannons was pretty quick in paying out, but when the car and trailer were recovered a few months later, they acted up.

I wanted the car back, but it was in pretty poor condition - had been driven around the back streets of Greenacre - and Shannons wanted me to buy it back for the same amount that they paid out. In the end we came to an acceptable price.

Somewhat off topic, the guy who stole it was shot at point blank range a few months later. Perhaps Karma exists.

Another chap in our club, ran over the ripple strips at Eastern Creek, and bent his chassis. A $9,000 repair. Shannons paid out no problems as he had race cover.
hawke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2011, 07:43 PM   #34
mrwg1975
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawke
I had my Formula Ford and trailer stolen a couple of years ago. Shannons was pretty quick in paying out, but when the car and trailer were recovered a few months later, they acted up.

I wanted the car back, but it was in pretty poor condition - had been driven around the back streets of Greenacre - and Shannons wanted me to buy it back for the same amount that they paid out. In the end we came to an acceptable price.

Somewhat off topic, the guy who stole it was shot at point blank range a few months later. Perhaps Karma exists.

Another chap in our club, ran over the ripple strips at Eastern Creek, and bent his chassis. A $9,000 repair. Shannons paid out no problems as he had race cover.

What was an unreasonable request initially was resolved to your satisfaction in the end . Without knowing the length of time between their initial offer and your "acceptable price" it sounds like they did the right thing . Probably the easiest way to gauge your satisfaction with them is to ask ,

Did you continue your relationship with them or did you give your business to a new insurer ?

Thanks for your feedback
Old 07-02-2011, 02:12 PM   #35
hawke
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Initially Shannons woudnt entertain any consderation for the "Storage Fee" that had to be paid to the person who had "found" the car. As there was no Tax Invoice, they couldnt help. I dont think that the people who are involved with stolen cars give receipts or tax invoices.

When it finally dawned on them, that I had been paid out, and also had the car back in my posession, their bargining position was not strong, so they came to the party.

Nonetheless, we are still with them, as they are too cheap to pass over. $450pa for the Formula Ford - including race cover, and $350 for the Lotus, and $650 for the Fiesta. Even though they advertise that they want to cover daily drivers, they wanted $4,400 for the Porsche, but NRMA do it for $1,200.
hawke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2011, 09:24 PM   #36
mrwg1975
Starter Motor

Thanks Hawke ,

Appreciate your input mate .
Old 08-02-2011, 08:39 PM   #37
mrwg1975
Starter Motor

Anybody else wish to comment on Shannon's .

If not , this will be my last post on this thread .

Thank you everybody for your input .
Old 13-02-2011, 11:41 PM   #38
P S Y C H O

Default Insurance

I work there mrwg1975, short answer on mods guys, as long as you keep your insurer aware of what you have done to your car and your driving history you will be covered
P S Y C H O is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2011, 11:53 PM   #39
ZcAmbo

id give lumley's a try ive been with shannons for about 5 years i had 6 cars insured with them then there fee's started rising and i had never made a claim. I rang around and to my suprise lumleys came in just over $700 cheaper for all 6 cars.
ZcAmbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post