Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-02-2011, 12:16 PM   #31
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
Issues like this certainly raise an argument against unmarked HWP cars now don't they. .
it's a good point.

here in southern NSW we get all sorts of colours for police cars, even marked ones (how many bright red police cars have you seen?). i was once pulled over by a blue Subaru WRX police car. i didn't realise it was a police car at first and was going to ignore it.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:44 PM   #32
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

So what happens if you think its a impersonator (say a hektik WRX or hilux) and you try to lose tail since you have no idea where the nearest cop station is to drive to?

Will they book you for reckless/carless driving and failure to stop etc etc when you do stop? (only stopping if/when backup cruisers arrive, reckless driving like quick U turns and whatnot to attempt to evade)
Id of course think yes youd cop the lot but given the circumstances would there be some leniency? Stupid question, bit of a thread jack (sorry) but just wondering this. (not implying i would do this. definatly wouldent)

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2011, 03:29 PM   #33
AndrewR_AUII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And of course you can't use a mobile phone to ring and confirm can you....
AndrewR_AUII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2011, 05:06 PM   #34
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInterceptor
So what happens if you think its a impersonator (say a hektik WRX or hilux) and you try to lose tail since you have no idea where the nearest cop station is to drive to?

Will they book you for reckless/carless driving and failure to stop etc etc when you do stop? (only stopping if/when backup cruisers arrive, reckless driving like quick U turns and whatnot to attempt to evade)
Id of course think yes youd cop the lot but given the circumstances would there be some leniency? Stupid question, bit of a thread jack (sorry) but just wondering this. (not implying i would do this. definatly wouldent)
thats a very valid question i think... i think they will still book you, and leave it up to the judge to decide if you legitimately thought they could have been a bogus copper.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2011, 05:24 PM   #35
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A black new holden maloo ute tried to goat me into dragging during the day north of brisbane, black tint, had window down half way, at lights, nearly did, but thought the better of it, both took off at normal speed, he then pased me on the right with passenger window down full, yup, 2 coppers with thumbs up and me travelling at normal speed.
pretty sure i would have had a ticket, but my GT is pretty stock, and against a new maloo i dare say wouldn't have been fair ;)

this was 2 or so years ago.
reef green xwgt falcon
lime green HT GTS Monaro 308 4 speed
reef green ZC Fairlane black interior
conordec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2011, 05:32 PM   #36
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInterceptor

You get done for it.

Bloke @ work had that sort of situation on his motorbike, plain territory came after him at speed (no lights) so he pegged it, then after being chased for a while he put his lights on..
Old 09-02-2011, 05:48 PM   #37
Halfmo Rocks
Bearded Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by conordec
A black new holden maloo ute tried to goat me into dragging during the day north of brisbane, black tint, had window down half way, at lights, nearly did, but thought the better of it, both took off at normal speed, he then pased me on the right with passenger window down full, yup, 2 coppers with thumbs up and me travelling at normal speed.
pretty sure i would have had a ticket, but my GT is pretty stock, and against a new maloo i dare say wouldn't have been fair ;)

this was 2 or so years ago.
i had the same about 6 months back in my old XR6T ute against an orange FG F-6. we had a flutter war back & forth for 100 meters or so as he tried to go me, but i resisted...same thing, 2 uniformed coppers in clear view when the window came down

now i know my BOV was quiet as hell from the factory, i needed to tinker to make it fluttery...so the cop car was obviously modified to be a louder BOV also. nice to have a good work car like that

previously...AUII Futura, BAII XR6T ute, BFII XT, BF XR6...with a holden barina & a renault clio thown in at times of financial crisis
Halfmo Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2011, 05:53 PM   #38
nstg8a

this is the fine upstanding citizen... taken from qps' facebook page

Old 09-02-2011, 06:20 PM   #39
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

God I hope that tattoo is fake.
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2011, 06:38 PM   #40
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
this is the fine upstanding citizen... taken from qps' facebook page

Good that they have a photo of the little twerp. I'd say he's a NSW police recruit (the uniform and the car) who dropped out of the academy or was thrown out, could have become a criminal and done time.

Hopefully now he'll be easier to catch and they can put him behind bars for impersonating a police officer which is in fact quite a serious offence.
His tattoo may say "LIFE" on his neck, but the tattoo on his butt says "TIME MEMBER OF THE JAIL HO'S CLUB". He'll get to relive his jail time ways soon.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2011, 07:05 PM   #41
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The fine upstanding 18yr old was arrested this arvo!!!

He had tried to carjack a 27yr old female using a large knife, she scared him off.
He then managed to steal another car at knife point later on and led police on a chase.

Lets now hope that he becomes someones wife in jail...

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2011, 12:37 AM   #42
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
The fine upstanding 18yr old was arrested this arvo!!!

He had tried to carjack a 27yr old female using a large knife, she scared him off.
He then managed to steal another car at knife point later on and led police on a chase.

Lets now hope that he becomes someones wife in jail...
Unless you guys are around the tweed border you have no idea how this went down today.... I thought the state was broke and thats why i havnt seen many police lately, until this idiot turned up ..

Every kilometre of the pacific hwy was manned from burleigh - currumbin to elenora and as far east as tugun...

A definate stake out was in operation between 10.00am and 1.00pm ...

I think i know all the rego's off by heart now..
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2011, 12:39 AM   #43
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZZLER351
I thought the state was broke and thats why i havnt seen many police lately, until this idiot turned up ..

Every kilometre of the pacific hwy was manned from burleigh - currumbin to elenora and as far east as tugun...

A definate stake out was in operation between 10.00am and 1.00pm ...
obviously not all of them though, i went past a house in the rocklea area that was cordoned off about 12pm and had 5-6 marked cars there.

i thought it was a rbt or something until i got closer
Old 10-02-2011, 12:54 AM   #44
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
obviously not all of them though, i went past a house in the rocklea area that was cordoned off about 12pm and had 5-6 marked cars there.

i thought it was a rbt or something until i got closer
Mainly NSW cops mate .. i saw purple F6 310's/ black HSV hwy patrol and blue/red/green ss's / a couple of jettas a subaru wagon a Maloo ute/ silver Aurion and the silver golf but NO audi today
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2011, 01:03 AM   #45
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

The tattoo is appropriate for the sentence he deserves!
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2011, 08:36 AM   #46
mick10010

Wow, what a drop kick. Agree with the above poster on the tattoo...

In relation to the unmarked cars I have seen people being pulled over by a late model Golf, I think it was an R32 even, and a late model lancer of some sort. Back in the NT my old man has told me he even has access to a '70's Holden Kingswood, but that may have been more for detective work I'm not too sure.

Like someone has already said it's not just commodores and falcons.
mick10010 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2011, 09:38 AM   #47
ltd
Force Fed Fords

O/T but has anyone told this little jerk that he has a receding hairline? He could be the new poster boy for Advanced Hair.
As for his picture, I've always thought that computer generated images of wanted people were nowhere near to looking like the assailant, up until now. Look at this dudes generic eyes, mouth and especially nose. What a tool.

Quote: