Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 01-02-2011, 03:25 PM   #1
x_RYD_x

Default calder saturday feb 5th

looking to run my fg xr6 turbo on saturday at calder..weather pemitting.. now it says on the website gates open at 8am racing starts at 10am, i have never been on a saturday only a friday night and had to get there hours before racing started... anyone been on a saturday and would i be safe to rock up at 8am? first 200 cars in !

x_RYD_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2011, 03:34 PM   #2
MexicanBatman
Banned

Wow is Calder really that busy?

Vie never run there, I like the idea of doing as many runs as I like at heathcote till I get bored then going home, but wanted to hit up Calder for a few passes as I'm told I'll be a couple of henrys faster there and at least my time slips will be mostly correct.... I mean I pay to race at heathcote and I have 30 slips here and at least 20 of them have errors from track timing... Like the 9.84mph I did or the 114mph I did in a stock magna or just plain old error.... It's a pain in the bum, but I'm not sold on going to Calder cos if I bugger up the run I may not get another by the sounds of it... Backmin the days I used to spectate every Friday night it wasn't too bad
MexicanBatman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2011, 04:20 PM   #3
Boosted
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanBatman
Wow is Calder really that busy?

Vie never run there, I like the idea of doing as many runs as I like at heathcote till I get bored then going home, but wanted to hit up Calder for a few passes as I'm told I'll be a couple of henrys faster there and at least my time slips will be mostly correct.... I mean I pay to race at heathcote and I have 30 slips here and at least 20 of them have errors from track timing... Like the 9.84mph I did or the 114mph I did in a stock magna or just plain old error.... It's a pain in the bum, but I'm not sold on going to Calder cos if I bugger up the run I may not get another by the sounds of it... Backmin the days I used to spectate every Friday night it wasn't too bad
If you arrive early(there from the start) at Calder on a Friday night you should get at least 6 passes, that should be enough to do what's needed.
Boosted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2011, 04:45 PM   #4
x_RYD_x

yeh last time i ran a friday night feb last year was 200 cars and i got 6 runs in from 6pm-9pm more than enough when your watching all the other cars its not like its boring
x_RYD_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2011, 06:25 PM   #5
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Boosted and Batman side by side in there batmobiles at HPR June 11 & 12 Ford Forum Drag Nat's.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2011, 06:38 PM   #6
MexicanBatman
Banned

ill be there if im not working... hopefully its cold, much colder than this weekend gone

37.5deg at heathcote = not good times for boosted ford.... first run was like i was on ice, no launch and it lit up off the line and pulled a 3.2 60ft LOL slowest ever
MexicanBatman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2011, 09:45 PM   #7
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanBatman
ill be there if im not working... hopefully its cold, much colder than this weekend gone

37.5deg at heathcote = not good times for boosted ford.... first run was like i was on ice, no launch and it lit up off the line and pulled a 3.2 60ft LOL slowest ever
LSD and a set of M/T's should be next on the mod list, no point in having mods done if you cant use the power or put it down, a decent tyre will complement existing mods.
$600 a set, its probably one of the cheapest mods you can buy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_RYD_x
looking to run my fg xr6 turbo on saturday at calder..weather pemitting.. now it says on the website gates open at 8am racing starts at 10am, i have never been on a saturday only a friday night and had to get there hours before racing started... !
I might come for a run will make the call on Friday, been hanging to see what times it will do with the mods,.
Every street meet has been washed out since early November, so I expect it to be busy.
Last time we went on a Sunday street meet, we done 4 or 5 runs and left we were there for 2 hours, in and out and you still get something out of the rest of the day..

Love the new format separating comp and street cars, no more waiting for competition cars to run, the only draw back is they leave nice rubber on the start line.

Times

Gates Open:

8:00am

Spectators:

9:30am

Scrutineering:

9:00am to 6:00pm (approximately)

Racing:

10:00am - 4:00pm (Street cars only)

4:30pm - 10:00pm (Competition cars only)

Old 02-02-2011, 09:36 PM   #8
naughts
Hmmmmm Mulberry....

Weather looks a bit sus.
BUT, When i have gone latley, i always book online so I'm sure to get in...
just a thought.
naughts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2011, 10:20 PM   #9
SpoolMan

Yes naughts its looking worse every day.
23 deg max, 20 deg min with 80% chance of 40 to 80mm of rain.

Old 05-02-2011, 04:51 PM   #10
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

From the Calder Park WebSite

UNFORTUNATELY DUE TO WEATHER PREDICTIONS, THIS DRAG MEET HAS BEEN CANCELLED. PLEASE NOTE THAT IT WILL BE RESCHEDULED TO SATURDAY FEBRUARY 12. HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE!!

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2011, 09:22 PM   #11
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted
From the Calder Park WebSite

UNFORTUNATELY DUE TO WEATHER PREDICTIONS, THIS DRAG MEET HAS BEEN CANCELLED. PLEASE NOTE THAT IT WILL BE RESCHEDULED TO SATURDAY FEBRUARY 12. HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE!!
If you have raced there or you put your mobile number in at there website and they text you all those messages.
Thursday the msg was its on, Friday we got the same msg as you posted above..

Weather not looking real good leading into next weekend either..

Last edited by SpoolMan; 06-02-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:37 AM   #12
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Nah haven't raced there yet - was going to go watch the competition cars.

Thanks for the heads up about mobile notification I'll get added

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post