Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 28-12-2010, 06:04 PM   #1
Swedishmoose

Default This and that number 2

Hi there....

2000 AU Falcon Futura 4.0 four speed auto

I've got a few questions that I couldn't answer myself browsing through the archive and search function.

1. Can the fuel pump electrical connections be disconnected from underneath the car by lowering the fuel tank ? I do not want to remove that metal cover from inside the boot.

2. Can anybody tell me if the air vents from the centre of the dash (the ones above the aircon controls and the radio) can be removed and renewed or does the whole centre panel have to be replaced ?

3. Is there anything i have to be careful with when removing the centre cover of the dash ? I know there are two screws behind the ashtray, two inside the radio slot , and there are a few clips. I don't want to break anything....any advice ?

4. Whats the best way to remove the aircon control knobs. The AU I had a different centre console (where the radio sits). The AU II has that metallic style plastic cover and a black square insert cover where the two round buttons of the demister and the AC sit. They seem to be very fragile and I don't want to break anything......any advice ?

5. How much are replacements for the drivers backrest and the seat base (the foam component). Someone told me they cost about 200 bucks. That seems to be a lot. If anybody has some part numbers for me I would be very happy....

Well..that was it so far.... I would be happy to get some response.....otherwise.....

have a great new years eve party and a great new year

The Moose

Swedishmoose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2010, 03:21 AM   #2
diatribal08

Hi somewhere there is a great tutorial on this site re removing centre dash ( I used it as a reference when instaling my headunit) just do a search, have you tried a wrecker re seat ? might save a couple a bucks....
diatribal08 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2010, 10:23 AM   #3
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Check out Bartsau's build thread. He's done a complete interior swap, so he'll be able to answer most of your questions.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11285330

Also, Xrghiawagon has done some great interior modding also. Of his parent’s car mind you! LOL! Here's the link to his thread.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11317244

All the best with it.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post