Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-12-2010, 02:36 AM   #31
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

I think it would be better off marketed as a pre manufactured kit car type. Trying to sell it as a supercar IMO is a bit much given some of the obvious shortcuts to get the package affordable.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2010, 09:04 AM   #32
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST
I did not know the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport was powered by a Chev motor? Nor did I know Chev had started producing W16's? Thanks a lot for clearing that up for me!
Well sence the SS has only just started production, id thought i'd state SSC Ultimate Aero is the fastest. They are planing a faster version to...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2010, 10:51 AM   #33
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

waa it looks ugly but what does it go like??... i've had more fun with ugly chicks than purdy ones...........
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2010, 01:09 PM   #34
Warrenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva

I also think it is around 100-150k over priced.
With a comment like that I don't think you have an any idea what a car cost to build. I know quite a few people who have built kit cars and considering they use second hand parts they are reasionably expensive. A GT40, for example, if you do most of the work yourself will cost about $100,000 on the road. Now you look at the Alan Jones car which will have all the costs of government approvals, engineering, exotic materials(carbon fibre and Kevlar are expensive) all new parts, labour and a return on the investment, the price he is selling it is more or less consistent with all costs incured.
Using any part that is already ADR approved will help keep development cost down.

If he wants put money into project that people with alot more money than me will buy and will also bring some overseas money into QLD we should be encouraging the project not knocking like some people on this thread are doing.
Warrenk is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2010, 02:25 PM   #35
xt3valve
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks like dogs b@lls. And the interiour looks like it was made out of old cereal boxes stuck together. The seats look like they were purchased out of the bargain bin at Super creep autos.

I think what im trying to say is that I wouldnt buy one.

But good on him and his fridge mate for having a go

Last edited by xt3valve; 22-12-2010 at 02:35 PM.
xt3valve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2010, 02:36 PM   #36
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
Well sence the SS has only just started production, id thought i'd state SSC Ultimate Aero is the fastest. They are planing a faster version to...
The Super Sport reclaimed the record for the Veyron nameplate back in July, almost 6 months ago. It has been in production ever since.

Why would you 'think' that you'd state the Ultimate Aero is the fastest when it clearly isn't?

Last edited by ST; 22-12-2010 at 02:41 PM.
ST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2010, 04:55 PM   #37
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrenk
With a comment like that I don't think you have an any idea what a car cost to build. I know quite a few people who have built kit cars and considering they use second hand parts they are reasionably expensive. A GT40, for example, if you do most of the work yourself will cost about $100,000 on the road. Now you look at the Alan Jones car which will have all the costs of government approvals, engineering, exotic materials(carbon fibre and Kevlar are expensive) all new parts, labour and a return on the investment, the price he is selling it is more or less consistent with all costs incured.
Using any part that is already ADR approved will help keep development cost down.

If he wants put money into project that people with alot more money than me will buy and will also bring some overseas money into QLD we should be encouraging the project not knocking like some people on this thread are doing.
good post and totally agree.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2010, 05:56 PM   #38
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST
The Super Sport reclaimed the record for the Veyron nameplate back in July, almost 6 months ago. It has been in production ever since.

Why would you 'think' that you'd state the Ultimate Aero is the fastest when it clearly isn't?
The main point is that the Chev engine can embaress even the fastest most expencive cars in the world, the other poster seemed to think the car was a fail on behalf of its Chev engine.

Besides, only 5 out of the 30 Veyron SS on sale will reach the 430km/h speed, the rest are speed limited. There are 24 SSC's built, further more, the updated SSC has un-officialy topped 430kh/h....

Warrenk is right, this car is reasonably priced, a brand new RHD converted 'vette won't see you much change from 200K, nor will a GT40 Replica. I lol'd when someone said the could build 3 cobra replicas for this money...

...but judging the comments I guess there are people with their own ADR approved Aussie supercar in there garage.

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 22-12-2010, 06:00 PM   #39
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
the price he is selling it is more or less consistent with all costs incured.
All that says is its unviable to make a sub-$300k supercar, but if you do, the end product will be rubbish.

The car just looks completely amateur hour.
b0son is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2010, 10:42 PM   #40
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
The main point is that the Chev engine can embaress even the fastest most expencive cars in the world, the other poster seemed to think the car was a fail on behalf of its Chev engine.

Besides, only 5 out of the 30 Veyron SS on sale will reach the 430km/h speed, the rest are speed limited. There are 24 SSC's built, further more, the updated SSC has un-officialy topped 430kh/h....
You can say what you want I'm just pointing out the facts.
Old 22-12-2010, 11:15 PM   #41
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST
You can say what you want I'm just pointing out the facts.

Same :-)

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 23-12-2010, 12:03 AM   #42
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well actually you aren't, hence why I corrected you.
Old 23-12-2010, 12:07 AM   #43
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:

You said it yourself. A kit car like the GT40 will cost you around 100K to get it on the road.

This is a kit car. Yes, good luck to them for 'giving it a go' etc etc etc.

But.. it is STILL a 'Kit Car'....

And what is the philosophy behind a kit car?? Low budget, DIY, similar performance without the outlay of the exotics and so on and so forth.

Now if this thing will cost between $250-270k it is priced at people who CAN AFFORD a REAL exotic, not a fake, no name performance rip off.

What can around $250-270K get you?

* A NEW 2010 Jaguar XKR X150
* A NEW 2010 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S 997 Series II
* A NEW 2010 Porsche 911 GT3 997 Series II
* A NEW 2010 Aston Martin V8 Vantage
* A NEW 2010 Audi R8
* A NEW 2010 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Night Edition R230
* A NEW 2010 BMW 650i Sport E64
* A 2007 FERRARI F430
* A 2005 FERRARI, 612 SCAGLIETTI
* A 2005 FERRARI, 360 SPIDER (with change)
* A 2005 LAMBORGHINI, GALLARDO
* A 2004 LAMBORGHINI, GALLARDO (with a lot of change)
* A 2007 BENTLEY, CONTINENTAL GT
* A 2005 BENTLEY, CONTINENTAL GT (with a lot of change)

The 'used' cars all have ultra low KM and present 'as new'.

Now... all of these above mentioned cars are RECOGNISED performance thoroughbreds associated with the elite and affluent of this world.

Do you honestly think that a person who is willing to pay a quarter of a million dollars plus for a 'look at me' car is going to buy a kit car? The buyers in this price bracket have money and want others to know they have it.

Seriously.....

Like I said 100-150K over priced.

I don't need to know what it costs to build a super car (and yes, I KNOW and fully agree that the costs are astronomical).

It costs whatever it costs, but if it does not have an GENUINE price advantage of the competition (listed above) then it will crash and burn.

What would YOU buy if you had the money? One from my list, or the car this thread is based on???
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2010, 12:22 AM   #44
MexicanBatman
Banned

Lol looks like a cheap chinese scooter with it's mirror indicators and then indicators on the panel just below LOL and its autobarn mesh grille and eBay rear spoiler and steering wheel, pretend simmonds with no where near enough dish and MDF dash

But it's better than my supercar

But he misses the point totally and I agree it's very kit car like... Sure a Chev will give you the performance needed, but if I brought a real Lamborghini I'm buying it for things like the exotic V10 or V12 or something crazy, if I wanted pushrods and 2 valves I'd buy a Harley..... Me thinks make this thing diesel powered and then maybe the world will take notice......
MexicanBatman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post