Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-12-2010, 12:47 AM   #31
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA Falcon
Likely because an AU XR6 for $14k would be a rip-off... but... he could always get an AU XR6 and save $7k or so on finance.

If it was me I would either get a BF Fairmont Ghia (best option) or otherwise a BF XR6 with 6 spd auto. $14k for a N/A I6 with 4sp auto of any spec is too much for a BA.

If I didn't have the money to get a car without finance, I would likely get something like a BA Futura for $6k on finance, then pay it off asap and start saving for an FG G6!

What % are you paying on finance? Is it more than 15% interest per year?

Your answer to the first point bolded, it is an 07 BF MKII, in answer to the second, Finance is 11% which is as good as a bank.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2010, 12:57 AM   #32
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDfutura25
The colour is a goldy type, not sure on the name. As far as trans and diff are concerned, they are both high on my priority list when getting it checked. The last thing I want is a rooted diff or trans. As I said in a previous post, I am not sure about the trans cooler, but there was 2 metal pipes in front of the radiator. Again I will ask my mechanic, if it does not have one, then I won't be buying, due to not trusting the trans is stuffed, although it changed extremely smooth when driving.
from your description it just sounds standard.

also the goldy colour is cashmere ;)
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2010, 01:05 AM   #33
Spudz27
Call me Spud

My main concern was the diff whine was only under load, whilst driving normally it made no noise, so my hope is my mechanic picks up on it. I have already told him it was there, but I will see him again tomorrow and remind him my main concern is diff, trans and cooling system.
Old 14-12-2010, 01:27 AM   #34
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRATE-UTERUS
whats the reason you cant have an AU?
Because most lenders that are using the car as security max out at 5yo - which means the OP will have to get a wriggle on!!

Others, such as BMW Finance will go to 7yo however you pay a premium through much smaller balloon and sometimes higher interest.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2010, 11:42 AM   #35
Spudz27
Call me Spud

A small development. I have just been told I can use up to $15,000 for another car, so this fairmont better be in top condition for me to buy it now. With the Extra 1k I can start looking at vehicles in the $16,000 price bracket and negotiate down.
Old 14-12-2010, 12:07 PM   #36
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth
the goldy colour is cashmere ;)
Jewish racing gold?

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2010, 06:40 PM   #37
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Well I went with fairmont. My mechanic could not fault it and said at the price was a bargain. He was saying one of his clients just paid 13990 for a ba II XT. He said diff and trans were perfect and if was able to destroy the car I would have to be trying.
Old 15-12-2010, 07:00 PM   #38
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRATE-UTERUS
whats the reason you cant have an AU?
Good taste?
Social perceptions?
Personal pride?

Or maybe his finance is only available on a 7 years or less old vehicle......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2010, 12:56 AM   #39
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Good taste?
Social perceptions?
Personal pride?
All good reasons.

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
drew`SEVNT5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2010, 05:23 PM   #40
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Picked up the Fairmont today. It is really immaculate. Not a single scratch on it, it has always been garaged and it even still has the new car smell (smells the same as my mums FG XR6) so obviously non smokers. Put my foot into it and it has some get up and go (when it get's up lol). Is going to take some getting used to from the Camry, I know every little noise etc that the camry makes, where to hold my foot on the accelerator etc, so in time I will figure this one out. As stated my mechanic said it was flawless so I trust his judgment. Will post pics in Show n Shine after work.
Old 16-12-2010, 05:27 PM   #41
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Cool

Great to here champ ... Yep pic's are compulsory
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post