Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 31-10-2010, 11:45 AM   #61
HI PSI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyro_02
you can actually download good quality song off youtube in .mp3 format for free.. limewire, used years ago, never liked it personally

I always thought that anything captured of youtube was in Mono....
HI PSI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2010, 12:00 PM   #62
sxckevo
Ford motor company

how is this thread not shut down? to my knowledge all these file-sharing sites remind me of those dodgy (generally) asian phone/video game console repairers shops that have binders of ILLEGAL movies etc. IMO anyone that uses these sites are tight a*** if you cant just support the music, film, game etc industries LEGALLY without funding these future terrorists sick dreams

just my opinion i guess....

WORK CAR: RED 1996 manual XG ute
sxckevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2010, 12:59 PM   #63
HI PSI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
how is this thread not shut down? to my knowledge all these file-sharing sites remind me of those dodgy (generally) asian phone/video game console repairers shops that have binders of ILLEGAL movies etc. IMO anyone that uses these sites are tight a*** if you cant just support the music, film, game etc industries LEGALLY without funding these future terrorists sick dreams
If that is just your opinion... Everyone has one..So be it... The music industry has been overcharging for years.. If they maintained a reasonable price, downloading would discontinue and I.S.P's would go bankrupt...

How much do the artists get out of it ??? SFA !!!!

Just to clear a few things up..... It is NOT illegal to download here in Australia.... Therefore we are doing no wrong...

However it is illegal to sell, share, distribute or play for public performance....
What you do, Is up to you.....
HI PSI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2010, 02:30 PM   #64
sxckevo
Ford motor company

Fair enough but sure the artists get nothing now but by everyone sharing and sharing your robbing them more. Every industry Has to make money so sure they are making a killing but who out there isn't? Has pricing on CDs etc change much from back in the day? They seem to have stayed the same prices for my life span
I'm not saying your bad people or what ever but why can't you just do it the way it has been designed to be done

WORK CAR: RED 1996 manual XG ute
sxckevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2010, 04:00 PM   #65
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
I have found the only way to restore performance after limewire is a format and reinstall the usual malware tools help a bit but I find performance still lacking I actually saves time starting from scratch with better results
Well guess ill get onto that when i can be bothered to deal with that thing!
Thanks

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2010, 04:27 PM   #66
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

your rant although well intended I somewhat out of step with reality. I frequently use torrents to download software and music which I will use or listen to for a limited time and buy If I like what I have tried. If I paid for every program I have tried and rejected I would be bankrupt. you might argue there are trial versions available but most of these do not have all functions fully enabled redicing their suitability for evauation.
I buy what I like but I refuse to pay for software that is full of promise but fails to deliver I will continue to use torrents this way.
You have obviously failed to consider the different legal uses for these sites in making your illinformed rant. maybe you should heed the advice of Abraham Lincoln "it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxckevo

just my opinion i guess....

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2010, 05:22 PM   #67
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

you know the saying... "Why buy something, when you can get it for free!" :P

in saying that, I am an angel and never ever would do any wrong doing.............
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post