Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 29-08-2010, 12:28 PM   #1
BA_GTR

Default Fairlane seats into Falcon

Hey guys,

Has anyone fitted the rear seats from a Fairlane into a Falcon? I thought that it is only the side bolsters that don't fit, but when I bolted it up the back piece, the latch to lock it is about a centimetre too high. Would an auto upholsterer be able to fit the rear seat or is there a simple way of fixing the issue?

Regards

BA_GTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2010, 07:59 PM   #2
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

pm POELWYK..
He fitted my fairlane seats in his Forte...
He'll know...

kris

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KR1STO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2010, 10:40 AM   #3
BA_GTR

I've got an idea to try after talking to xrford (the one with the mint wagon), I'll give it a crack and take pictures if it works.
Old 31-08-2010, 12:35 PM   #4
POELWYK
Lost Boost Gained Class

imo wagons are not the same as sadans
Old 31-08-2010, 12:56 PM   #5
BA_GTR

Yeah I don't think they have the same mounting points at all to either sedans or Fairlanes, that's why I asked you afterwards as well. I don't know whether I'd be able to mod the latch, which is why I'm tempted to make new holes on the frame piece to let it lock in on the latch properly.
Old 31-08-2010, 01:45 PM   #6
POELWYK
Lost Boost Gained Class

yeah if u do that u will need to ectand it out as the lane seats do sit out more then the standed