Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 31-07-2010, 02:51 PM   #31
F6T
Has V8 envy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
I've got all the C&C games way back to the original C&C, but it seemed to me that when EA took over Westwood they totally stuffed it.

I prefer skirmish games. I never have time to sit for long to finish multiplayer ones. Anyway If I want to get thrashed I can call my son

Just checked and K-Mart have SCII for $78... looks like I might have to go shopping this arvo.
Agreed - EA screwed it up (C&C)

Mate - check out JB HiFi - -they have it for $69!!

Big Damo - If you can stomach the older graphics, play the original (and expansion pack) ones first. You can pick these up as a package deal at JB HiFi aswell for an absolute steal mate.

The story line is half the fun in this game.

GTX35/82r + 82lb injectors
Nizpro 4" exhaust
Plazmaman 1000hp IC/piping/BOV/plenum
Process West surge tank
Crow springs
TEIN super streets
6/4 brembos

TUNED BY BLUEPOWER RACING
F6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2010, 05:19 PM   #32
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Nearest JB is in Albury (about 130k's). I'll pay Big W's price, it'll be cheaper than petrol
Old 31-07-2010, 05:22 PM   #33
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
Agreed - EA screwed it up (C&C)

Mate - check out JB HiFi - -they have it for $69!!

Big Damo - If you can stomach the older graphics, play the original (and expansion pack) ones first. You can pick these up as a package deal at JB HiFi aswell for an absolute steal mate.

The story line is half the fun in this game.
Old graphics? I'm still kicking alien *** in Duke Nukem 3D and playing the original Red Alert, I can stomach old graphics

I might just do that.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2010, 05:23 PM   #34
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Spewing its not available on Steam, I'm feeling way too lazy to go buy it at the moment, would love to just give Steam my credit card details and download it.

Oh well, I can wait.

Maybe.

I have a JB Gift voucher from my birthday, I can make it to the store before close...

but I'm feeling lazy!
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2010, 06:07 PM   #35
F6T
Has V8 envy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
Old graphics? I'm still kicking alien *** in Duke Nukem 3D and playing the original Red Alert, I can stomach old graphics

I might just do that.
A man after my own heart.

I'm still playing some of the old classics. and starcraft (original) is still a favourite.

GTX35/82r + 82lb injectors
Nizpro 4" exhaust
Plazmaman 1000hp IC/piping/BOV/plenum
Process West surge tank
Crow springs
TEIN super streets
6/4 brembos

TUNED BY BLUEPOWER RACING
F6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2010, 06:36 PM   #36
XR8 Uterous
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Quote:
Nearest JB is in Albury (about 130k's). I'll pay Big W's price, it'll be cheaper than petrol
Hey mate,

Assuming your still in Wagga, we have a JB in morgan street now!
XR8 Uterous is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2010, 06:36 PM   #37
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Back in the days when graphics took a back seat to gameplay and storyline. Too bad, its the other way around now (mostly). EA leads the trend on that one I reckon, with them its all about churning out new short repetitive games with extra pixels, they even ruined their own need for speed series.

Also Gas, if you're a lazy bastard like me, JB Hifi ship to your door now, you can order through their website.

I ordered a home theater setup a few days ago, it come to my door in a few buisiness days
Old 31-07-2010, 07:48 PM   #38
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8 Uterous
Hey mate,

Assuming your still in Wagga, we have a JB in morgan street now!
That shows how much I go down town lol... I just looked up their stores on their site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
Also Gas, if you're a lazy bastard like me, JB Hifi ship to your door now, you can order through their website.
$10 says I'm lazier than you!

But I want it NOW!
Old 01-08-2010, 12:26 PM   #39
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Well I got SC II from K-Mart for $74, they've got it on special.

MUCH better game than C&C4. Great fun and brilliant graphics. The cut scenes are Computer generated people, unlike C&C which use real actors, but seem to be more in keeping with the game. Perhaps if EA spent the money they wasted on 3rd rate out of work Hollywood types on gameplay they would have made a half decent game.

I'm not sure why (like C&C4) an internet connection is necessary to play the game, even in skirmish mode.

And NO Damo I'm not going against you in multi player ! I dislike being beaten by a computer, but I really hate being thrashed by a kid !!
Old 01-08-2010, 05:02 PM   #40
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Well I got SC II from K-Mart for $74, they've got it on special.

MUCH better game than C&C4. Great fun and brilliant graphics. The cut scenes are Computer generated people, unlike C&C which use real actors, but seem to be more in keeping with the game. Perhaps if EA spent the money they wasted on 3rd rate out of work Hollywood types on gameplay they would have made a half decent game.

I'm not sure why (like C&C4) an internet connection is necessary to play the game, even in skirmish mode.

And NO Damo I'm not going against you in multi player ! I dislike being beaten by a computer, but I really hate being thrashed by a kid !!
Haha, you can be my apprentice, you'll be kicking *** in no time

Sounds good, I might have to pick this up. EA are money hungry bastards, I bet its to do with piracy is why they want internet access all the time, so it can verify serial keys with their database, if a double appears (you give your mate a copy) it might disable both your games.

I know RA3 only gave you 5 installs, before it deactivated when it first come out, but there was a big uproar about it and they disabled that "feature" in a later patch.

I'm going to look into SCII after I service my car, I should have enough left over $$$.