Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 28-07-2010, 11:18 AM   #1
honda99ex

Default Recycling in Perth

I just did an oil change and a coolant change. Now I have 5 liters of oil and 30 liters of old coolant. I called my town and they don't recycle. They told me to drive 40km out of my way to pay some recyclers. Back home in the US it was the law that servos/petro stations had to take your old fluids to discourage dumping. Is there an easier way? I'm in Perth CBD. Cheers

honda99ex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2010, 12:02 PM   #2
Maggot
Half an aussie garage!!

Did you ring the council office or your local tip themselves?.. most of them allow limited amounts of oil to be dropped off.

Agree with you that recycling in general is still too difficult.. we have to pay extra to have a second recycling bin as we fill one each week instead of each f/night.
Maggot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2010, 12:27 PM   #3
irdonn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi mate. Which area are you in? I know the tip on Ranford Road in the City of Canning accepts old car fluids for free.
Old 28-07-2010, 01:12 PM   #4
Johnny C
Spinning Spanners

Have you tried any of the local car mechanics?
The dealers probably wont accept it being the big tightwads they are but the little average joe mechanic should take it off ya hands for you.
Old 28-07-2010, 03:18 PM   #5
honda99ex

Yeah I'm in Perth. Northbridge actually but my post code says Perth. The fluids are in containers but it's just annoying to have to drive way out somewhere to the tip, then have to pay them to take the stuff off of me. Thats what the town told me to do. If my conscious wasn't bugging me... I mean I'm probably polluting more than it's worth...
Old 28-07-2010, 04:14 PM   #6
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

I can understand if the Town of Vincent won't take it and told you to go to Mindarie because Vincent don't actually own or operate a tip. All their rubbish is collected by a contractor and disposed of at Mindarie.

Best solution for you is try the Canning Vale facility, I know its a bit out of your ways, or see if there is a friendly car fixer upperer near you who will take it for you.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2010, 04:19 PM   #7
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Dig a hole in your back garden. Just don't plant any veggies there later on
Old 28-07-2010, 06:49 PM   #8
HLC
Audi S3

off topic,

im moving to perth in 2 weeks!
Old 29-07-2010, 05:45 AM   #9
veqlargh

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANUP
Hi mate. Which area are you in? I know the tip on Ranford Road in the City of Canning accepts old car fluids for free.
As said you can drop off oil here for free in small amounts. Dont even have to see the guy first. I think you can do coolent too...
veqlargh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2010, 04:09 PM   #10
honda99ex

Thanks! I'll take it if I head out that way.